Problems starting Origin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems starting Origin...

For the past several days, when I boot up my computer and try to open Origin, it doesn't show up as being open, nowhere on my desktop, taskbar, anything. However if I open Task Manager, it will show it as running. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing.
    However it does work after I restart my computer. Anyone know what the conflict is? This is why I hate windows.

At least you found a work-around for that Origin problem. I hope it gets fixed in the next patch. Most complaints about this type of issue say that Origin starts eventually (after a long delay of 5 to 90 minutes).

Is this a correct description? Origin won't start-up when you double-click it. No error message. Task Manager shows it as running.

1. Does this happen sometime after you've played earlier and then used the "Exit" command to close Origin?
    2. Have you already tried ending the Origin task or process in Task Manager, and then trying again to start Origin?

Comment

Whew sorry for the long time before response. I was knocked out with a nasty head cold and terrible headache. I'm much better this morning and hope to play some today.

I haven't waited long enough to see if it would start (between 5 and 90 minutes). I usually just restart before then. But yeah, sounds correct. There is no message, Task Manager says it's running, but you don't see it in the Task Bar or anywhere else. The login screen doesn't pop up or anything.

I don't know the parameters that make it happen, but I usually start Origin as soon as I start my computer.

I have tried closing in Task Manager and re-starting Origin. But it does the same.

At least other people are experiencing it too, so that's some comfort that it may be fixed in a patch/update.

Comment

It was only a matter of time with Origin, not that I condone cracking to reach such a conclusion:

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/38304...equirement.php
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X