Hardcore or Vanilla Poll 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardcore or Vanilla Poll 2

Everybody look closely at the differences between HC and vanilla before you vote.

HC in BF3 is much different from HC in BC2, so if you have not played it much, or you were not aware of all the differences, read the chart, before you vote.

Also, explain why you prefer one over the other, here we go again!!

Vanilla
    15.63%
    Hardcore
    84.38%

I voted. I still like HC best.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I voted HC. It feels the closest to BF2, which I think is a good thing. I really despise 3D spotting and regen health. Also spawning on SL only is awesome.

I think once we get the TS working with BF3 to split us into squads, it should be great.

Comment

I don't have any input yet... I've really only played one full round of HC (last night about 10). I was going to hop on the vanilla server but it was empty, HC was nearly full... .
        [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
        <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

I choose you hardcore .
          Reason: no auto heal. I got used to not seeing my health or bullet count. Didn't care about 3D spotting. For me shooting someone either way didn't make any difference(i guess if I actually get my gun up my aim is ok).

edit... added no kill cam.
          Last edited by goldenfooler; 28 Oct 2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I voted for hardcore, mostly because its a lot more fun, also not crazy about the heath regen

Comment

I like the HUD and spawning on everyone, but more for personal reasons (i.e. they make the game more fun for me, no waiting for a spawn or ending up 500 yards away from where I just was). It's probably better overall for HC, otherwise we'd never take certain points because we'd all just keep ending up there.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Vanilla, I like the extra challenge gunning people down and I like to see my ammo count

Comment

Hardcore for me as well.

Comment

At this point im indifferent, finally got a good squad with some teamwork last night. While i prefer the 3d spotting of vanilla, if you have a good squad on hardcore its not bad.
                    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I like them both so I'm not going to vote.

That is a nice chart showing the difference between HC and normal. I miss the 3D spotting in HC, but you still get minimap spotting which is useful if you pay attention. If your on comms with a squad that is working together you don't miss the 3D spotting.*

The game camouflages you well when you are in brush or prone. In HC, cover is alot more useful due to the lack of 3D spotting, but normal has way less snipers.*
                      Nauticas

Comment

Cain, can you add a like them both option please?
                        Nauticas

Comment

Not a bad idea, but for now I wanted folks to choose...

I'll do a poll 3 next week.

Comment

I prefer hardcore by far.

Friendly fire - right now it is quite painful because people tend to shoot before checking for a blue/green overhead indicator on their target. Once people began to realize what the other side looks like, on a consistent basis, this will not be a big deal.

Killcam - I hate that thing. I play mostly with my bro-in-law Kreed. One of our favorite things to do, is track down that pesky damned sniper and knife him. BF3 knifes are very gratifying, especially when you've finally tracked down that annoying sniper.

I hate 3d spotting. It looks like a hack. One of the things I loved about BC2 HC @ Cains was how great people are at communicating locations in TS. It adds a layer of complexity that I really like. HOWEVER, BF3 should provide some sort of `grid` like operation flashpoint, so I can say, 'SNIPER location B3' or something like that.

Crosshairs --- isn't that why we have sights on the guns?

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
                              I don't have any input yet... I've really only played one full round of HC (last night about 10). I was going to hop on the vanilla server but it was empty, HC was nearly full... .
                              Was good to see you in game last night!

For the poll I voted hardcore. Auto regen for tanks is ridiculous on softcore.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X