A serious question aabout BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skud View Post
    One addition I do really like is the suppression. It (with the prone) really adds another dimension to firefights.
    I was wrong earlier. Skud is right. This is a true change in gameplay and totally forgot about it, which is funny, because I played the support class a lot. Suppressing fire really is effective.

So I'm amending my previous post, hehe.
    Nauticas

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post
      It's not the same thing. In BF2 you could C4 the enemy artillery pieces, preventing the enemy commander from shelling your troops. Same thing with the radar and UAV, where you knock out a target and the enemy loses an asset until they can repair it.
      I thought that was going to be changed for the game.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
        I thought that was going to be changed for the game.
        Oh no, there is no commander. However, some of the classes can unlock these abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Nauticas View Post
          I was wrong earlier. Skud is right. This is a true change in gameplay and totally forgot about it, which is funny, because I played the support class a lot. Suppressing fire really is effective.

So I'm amending my previous post, hehe.
          Can someone explain to me what effect suppressing fire has on an enemy in the game? I see that I get points for it sometimes, but don't know what it does. I think when I was under fire my screen blurred a bit but it wasn't a big deal. What exactly does Suppressing Fire do in game?

Comment

Originally posted by S-Man View Post
            Can someone explain to me what effect suppressing fire has on an enemy in the game? I see that I get points for it sometimes, but don't know what it does. I think when I was under fire my screen blurred a bit but it wasn't a big deal. What exactly does Suppressing Fire do in game?
            If I am right it is the blurring effect. Not sure how much it has in effect. But my guess is if you are unloading rounds over someone who is crouching and keeping them down then someone kills them it counts.

You only get points if they get killed.
            We can try it out on opposite sides when we are in game... hopefully I don't shoot you in the head to much .

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
              If I am right it is the blurring effect. Not sure how much it has in effect. But my guess is if you are unloading rounds over someone who is crouching and keeping them down then someone kills them it counts.

You only get points if they get killed.
              We can try it out on opposite sides when we are in game... hopefully I don't shoot you in the head to much .
              The blurring and it seems to slow your ability to just POP up and start firing with instant Target acquisition. ..kind of simulates some of the difficulty one might have in such situations, to the best of a game's ability. Quite a wise concept, imo.

Comment

I don't like how there's a kit that allows you to possess more experience and be less susceptible to suppressing fire.

Comment

Originally posted by S-Man View Post
                  I don't like how there's a kit that allows you to possess more experience and be less susceptible to suppressing fire.
                  But they do have kits to counter others or suit your playstyle/purpose (flak, Sprint, camo, explosives). Maybe someday they'll make one with just weapon unlocks/upgrades, so real experience is all that counts.

Comment

So there are some neat effects and a larger number players but there is no reason for squads to work in any coordination to bring about the teamwork that was found in UT2K4 ONS, BF2 and BF2142 so I will stick with my opinion that this game will be much more like a BC3 then a BF3. Bf3 is made to compete with MW3?? why set the bar so low? Of course they could make changes to this game but I doubt it will be that much different then what comes out at launch given the history of the way EA and Dice handle games after the initial influx of cash. Although we will have fun playing the game I don't think it will measure up to the top games we have had here unless there are some changes made.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm dropping some serious coin on two copies of the game and a new laptop to play it on so I'm playing it I just don't think it will live up to the hype.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I somewhat agree, Duke. I think all this hype is going to feel like a letdown when we take delivery. I for one was disappointed when playing the beta. All this hype and the glorious youtube pre-release videos I saw looked awesome. I wasn't too impressed with the beta, but perhaps that will change with the full version.
                      I also really liked BC2. I didn't play BF2 so I didn't have anything to compare it to. BC2 was the combat sim I had been searching for. Before that I played TF2 and it was fun, but I wanted something more real and immersive.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X