Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone try this:

--

Passworded server work-around (Caspian Border)

merkuralex

I mostly did this so that the devs would be aware of this security hole.. but also a part of me wanted to play Caspian Border.

When you attempt to join a server if it has a password Battlelog will send your attempt to the server to check it, if its right it connects. All that seems fine, but when it tries to connect it doesn't re-verify the password therefore I was able to just bypass the password check part in Battlelog.

Details on how this was done (and source code for the Chrome Extension):
    http://www.coderah.com/?p=394 [coderah.com]

Anyone who wants to play Caspian Border head over to the link ahead and install the Chrome Extension (if you don't trust it don't use it, the source is available.)

Or even easier here is the line used to bypass the verifyPassword function:
    launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }

Comment

Hacker.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Caspian Borders is head and shoulders above Metro.
        If the other maps are more like Caspian this will be an incredible game.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

videokilledtheradiostar

Comment

BF3
            Caspian Border map added to beta, unofficially for PC

According to rumors, the map will be publicly available to all PC beta participants later this week. Feel free to Share any Screens, Vids and passwords for the rest of the community. Different passwords for regional locked servers and are changed daily.

Maybe this helps ease some of the pain of getting screwed over the 1.6 million BF3 tournament for consoles only. Be sure to post back with new passwords as you find them.

------------------------

Comment

Been playing the Beta rush. I must say even as buggy as it is...and it is VERY buggy...I still love it. Cant wait to try Caspien.

Comment

The only complaint I had about Caspian was every server I played, last night, crashed after the end of the map.
                After thinking about it, I am wondering if they might not be doing this deliberately.
                Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  The only complaint I had about Caspian was every server I played, last night, crashed after the end of the map.
                  After thinking about it, I am wondering if they might not be doing this deliberately.
                  Apache
                  heh, they may be, just to let as many people get in on the action. Who knows.

Comment

I agree apache. I don't want any down time. Last night we had a blast on the rush map. Its actually very fun when people from the other side tell you where they will be going.

PS if you play attacker... rush point B. You will get there before any attacker and be able to arm it. Since most are looking for an easy kill they all hang back and you get to blow up the station.

Comment

Apache. This morning the Caspian servers we played on were less laggy and they did not crash on map change.

Comment

Playing over the last few days really reinforced for me how much more I like conquest over rush...
                        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          Apache. This morning the Caspian servers we played on were less laggy and they did not crash on map change.

Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

They changed passwords on some of the Caspian Boarder servers already.

Comment

New password for Caspian Border

shoppingcartsareagoodride

Comment

So I got into a server for about 5 min. Almost all of them are packed full. Not sure if I got kicked or what. But from my first 5 min on conquest.... Wow! Amazing graphics, so awesome to see jets and such again. Battlefield is back!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X