Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Account Setup, Change your Origin name...Easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jed_Clampet View Post
    Origin is giving me the option to change my profile name again! Here is a screen shot. This happened after I requested a password change. Go figure.
    Photoshop'd!
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Comment

CAN I CHANGE MY PERSONA NAME FOR THE BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA OR ORIGIN?
        6 of 10 people found this article helpful.
        In most situations, persona or screenname change requests fall outside the capabilities of our support agents. We do however recognize that there are circumstances where a previously chosen persona name may present an unacceptable risk due to the exposure of information that could be linked to the account holder. As a result, we are now honoring name-change requests by web-request only to these affected customers, using the process below.
        If your EA Master ID / Origin screenname exposes the following information, you are eligible for a name change.
        Your first and last name
        Your phone number
        Personally identifiable numbers, such as your social security number or government-issued ID
        If your name does not meet these requirements you will not be eligible for a name-change.

If your name meets the eligibility criteria, you may submit a name change request to our email support team using the "Contact Us" option found on the left-hand side of this page. When creating your request, select Battlefield 3 as the product and specify the platform you are currently using to play the game (PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3).
        When submitting your request, "Chat" support may be an available option, however you must select the option for "Email Support." Requests not submitted through this web-form will not be eligible. Fill out the remaining fields and be sure to specify the "Category" as depicted in the screenshot below to complete and submit your name change request.

On Monday, October 3rd we will review the requests, verify eligibility, and process them in the order received. Please note that it may take up to 5 to 7 days after we begin before your request can be processed and completed.
        At the moment, chat and phone agents will not be able to assist. If possible, please refrain from these contact methods.
        There have been some bumps in the road, but please remember that this is an open beta test and we look forward to, and are encouraged by, your forum feedback. We will work tirelessly from now until release to improve upon and deliver the best experience possible.
        Type this in Origin Search: CAN I CHANGE MY PERSONA NAME FOR THE BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA OR ORIGIN?
        There are graphics showing the proper fields to fill in.
        I sent this in because I qualify under their guidelines.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Jed, are you trolling? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
            What the !??!

OK how or where did you ask to change your PW ??
            I was having trouble logging into Origin, kept telling me the server was not available. Thought something was wrong for with my password so I clicked "Forgot your password?" just under the field for same. They sent my a link via email to verify and after I did and logged in that's when I saw the option to change it. I was like WTF, Cain will never believe this so I posted a Screeny for you.

Comment

Arrgh, yep you are right, I hardly believe it !!

I guess we can try what you did and see if we can change our profile names easier...

Who wants to try it first ??

Comment

OK I just tried this....

First it asks your email.

Then it sends you a long validation key you must copy and paste...

Then it asks you to change your password...

Then it logged me right back into my account, I never got any option to change my user id..

Comment

Jed try this....

After you have installed the game, played a few rounds have some stats, etc.. Try this lost password trick again and take a screenies of each screen you get, and let us know if you get an option to change your user id again..

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X