No announcement yet.

first problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this issue before and the only fix was to reinstall a proper build of Windows 7. The package checks for Win7 build number 16485 (not sure about that exact number) and I had 16484. There is no way to disable this build check and no way to change your build number. Installing a pre final release of Win7 or one of the many available Win7 torrents when Win7 was first released will cause this.

I reinstalled a Win7 disc with SP1 integrated and have never had this issue since.

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
    getting this error and i can't find anything to fix it....

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1603)

it won't even let me install the game because of this... can't unistall it because I haven't installed it and can't figure out how to re-download it.

Comment

With that password, WT, you deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        With that password, WT, you deserved it.
        Hey, I will change it back once they fix the special characters !!!

In the meantime, feel free to log in as me, since I have never even gotten into a game yet, so my K/D ratio is clean

I guess you can overlook the issues that I had, but my experience sounds very similar to what this Tech Report writer had when first trying online play:

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/21747
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Sounds like your using FireFox. Lot's pf people have only been able to use Chrome to launch BF3.
          A change of Pace.
          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
            Sounds like your using FireFox. Lot's pf people have only been able to use Chrome to launch BF3.
            Yep, add me to that list. IE and Firefox both just sat and spun when trying to connect, no matter what I did.
            Set Chrome as my default, and bam, it just worked.

Comment

After the initial install, I couldn't join a server until I rebooted my system. After that it worked fine. I am using Firefox.
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I have had no problems with IE.
                I am guessing you have orgin downloaded already. Instead of launching orgin go to the battlelog site instead. When you launch into a game the orgin should then boot up.

Maybe doing it this way will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                  After the initial install, I couldn't join a server until I rebooted my system. After that it worked fine. I am using Firefox.
                  Yep, I always tell users to reboot after a plugin change or whatnot, but I never, ever shut down my PC, so I broke my own rule there. Sorta my fault, but I still like to blame EA.

Chrome ?? Ughhh, does anyone else think this is crazy to jump through multiple hoops just for a game, regardless of whether it is beta or not ?
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!! I just fixed my BF 3 issues !!! Oh so easy, I dunno why I didn't think of it sooner ... DUHH ..

Simply went to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a Program, then selected both Origin and Battlefield 3 Open Beta ....

Oh, the perverse pleasure I got from knowing my PC was once again working as expected ... it ... it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders already.
                    I feel a lot better now.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X