No announcement yet.

Block Origin from stealing your info with Sandboxie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just get your firewall to block individual destination addresses. They have to be sending the info to a specific IP address. I can do that with ZA. Seems you wouldnt even need sandboxie if you could do it that way. If you could figure out the destination IP for where Origin is sending the info would be no problem. So somebody needs to figure out what the IP address is.

This could be a problem if the info is piggybacking a legit part of Origin needed to run the game. My firewall is enabled to allow Origin to run allowing everything to pass through. But if the IP were separate from what is needed for Origin to operate it could be done.

We really need to just figure out what the destination is. Then problem solved.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Sadly, I don't know how to do that... my monitoring skills only really extend to local HDD access, and not to network access.

That said, I found a way to block origin's access to the telemetry folder without using Sandboxie. I'll put together a tutorial for that this evening.

Comment

Ok, good. I couldnt find that Telemetry folder.

If you want to find out about the address. Mapes can figure it out pretty quick. It's what he does.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

The Telemetry folder should be there if you've even installed Origin... C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you might need to type that in the address bar manually or set Explorer to show all files. I'm not sure if that folder exists on anything other than Win7, though... nor do I know where Origin would put that folder if not on Win7. Maybe search for it using windows find files, with searching within hidden/system files enabled?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X