Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    i have a gtx 465, I hope i can run on medium
    gtx460 here, and I dont plan on upgrading for atleast a year. I'm right there with ya!
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I LOVED Quake 3 !!

Comment

This conversation makes me thing back when I played BF1942 competitively and I was an admin for CAL. I think the command was bitmap_bias 13 or something like that. It would basically remove all objects on the ground and make it look like that Q3 screenshot.

It was such a mess because teams felt like they had to use it to compete. We ended up getting around it with a program that took random screenshots and finally stopped players from doing it in matches.

It's amazing what people will do just to get their K/D ratio higher.
        Nauticas

Comment

I am running my 5850. I will be getting one 6950 before BF3 releases, and my plan is to add a second one as soon as funds permits (Mostly wife LOL).

Comment

now slice ...listen to miss's slice...let the prices come down some befor grabbing a card lol

Comment

I'm running the following:
              1024MB ATI Radeon HD 5770 GDDR5

I probably won't be able to run it even on Medium amiright?

Comment

I think we will have to see, typically dev's always call for above what the actual games to need(to be safe, also because card company's probably play them to say that) they said you can't play BC2 on med/high settings with a 8800gt, and i do it fine

Comment

SMAN I have the same card atm but its a sapphire. Planning to get a 6950 his

Comment

What's the difference between the Sapphire and non?

Also, I've read somewhere that due to the Frostbite2 engine, if you can run BC2 on high, you should be fine running BC3. Not sure about ultimate settings, but they said it won't be too much more demanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoking View Post
                      I think we will have to see, typically dev's always call for above what the actual games to need(to be safe, also because card company's probably play them to say that) they said you can't play BC2 on med/high settings with a 8800gt, and i do it fine
                      +1. I remember upgrading a card n the middle of the bf2142 era and I was shocked at how much I had been missing out on by running it on low settings. Just little things like... ROADS! Not all of them but stuff like where you could quickly ford the rivers in maps like Verdun.

Comment

How much of a difference do you think there will be in BF3 between a 1 GB and 2 GB 560Ti card?
                        Nauticas

Comment

Originally posted by Nauticas View Post
                          How much of a difference do you think there will be in BF3 between a 1 GB and 2 GB 560Ti card?
                          None whatsoever.

That's an old test that Tom's Hardware did comparing 3 4870's with 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB ram. Results were of no surprise to me. More useless ram, just to say you have it, you won't need it unless you plan on running BF3 on the same screen, twice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...70,2428-5.html

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                            None whatsoever.

That's an old test that Tom's Hardware did comparing 3 4870's with 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB ram. Results were of no surprise to me. More useless ram, just to say you have it, you won't need it unless you plan on running BF3 on the same screen, twice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...70,2428-5.html
                            It may not matter as much in terms of FPS, but in loading vast environments and stuff like that yes it does make a big difference. You ever notice in games how object just randomly appear as you get closer to them? The more RAM you have on your card, the better it handles things like that. So for a game like BF3 where draw distances and things like that are important, I would say yes it makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by slice View Post
                              It may not matter as much in terms of FPS, but in loading vast environments and stuff like that yes it does make a big difference. You ever notice in games how object just randomly appear as you get closer to them? The more RAM you have on your card, the better it handles things like that. So for a game like BF3 where draw distances and things like that are important, I would say yes it makes a difference.
                              You also have to know that the higher the resolution of the textures, the more texture memory it will need, so for a game as sharp as BF3, the extra RAM may actually be used, moreso than other games *coughCODcough*
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

So the consensus is it would help map load times?
                                Nauticas

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X