No announcement yet.

During the great outage of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always gonna be 2 schools of thought. Each has it's drawbacks. HC seems people want to camp a bit more. and Vanilla people will run and get away with stuff you wouldnt be able to in HC. That and your long distance shots are non existent to some degree.

Close quarters vanilla aint so bad if you're a good shot. If you get the draw on someone he'll go down if you're a good shot before he can get enough in you to kill you. Thing is, BF aint like Cod where you can hide and heal yourself. If you're hurt,you're hurt until a medic shows up or you heal yourself with a med pack if you're the right class.

One thing is, spotting needs to be eliminated if you run HC. Thats just like having ESP on hacks, it still is, even in Vanilla. Spotting is contrary to tactics and being able to flank someone if you worked to get there in the first place.I always hated spotting. Not a lot of difference in that and hackers having wall hacks. Plus people that just want a lot of kills like the spotting more it seems. Team players dont need spotting to play.

Just something to think about. Personally I prefer HC. But have played both. Seems the newbs like Vanilla better for some reason.Maybe they suck and dont like gettin killed as much. That and people that like to put on a lightweight perk and run around trying to knife people all the time. Personally I rather power tool someone than knife em. But thats just me.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post

Just something to think about. Personally I prefer HC. But have played both. Seems the newbs like Vanilla better for some reason.Maybe they suck and dont like gettin killed as much. That and people that like to put on a lightweight perk and run around trying to knife people all the time. Personally I rather power tool someone than knife em. But thats just me.
      wut? Whats more fun then pumping bullets into someone

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
        There is always gonna be 2 schools of thought. Each has it's drawbacks. HC seems people want to camp a bit more. and Vanilla people will run and get away with stuff you wouldnt be able to in HC. That and your long distance shots are non existent to some degree.

Close quarters vanilla aint so bad if you're a good shot. If you get the draw on someone he'll go down if you're a good shot before he can get enough in you to kill you. Thing is, BF aint like Cod where you can hide and heal yourself. If you're hurt,you're hurt until a medic shows up or you heal yourself with a med pack if you're the right class.

One thing is, spotting needs to be eliminated if you run HC. Thats just like having ESP on hacks, it still is, even in Vanilla. Spotting is contrary to tactics and being able to flank someone if you worked to get there in the first place.I always hated spotting. Not a lot of difference in that and hackers having wall hacks. Plus people that just want a lot of kills like the spotting more it seems. Team players dont need spotting to play.

I think if you need to have a medic around that will increase the teamwork. Spotting to me also increases it. Since not everyone can be on the same voice control or speak the same language it allows all to participate with spotting.

I say Vanilla.. if its anything like normal BF2.. then it should be Vanilla. Vanilla is a tasty ice cream when done right.

Comment

Vanilla for the win. For a true Battlefield game, it's the only way to roll.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

One problem with HC (other than the fact that it took away maps and most teamplay features from the game) is that it caused damage to be lowered in Vanilla. IMO the weapons in BF2 did close to what HC damage is in BC2. I think if we could have increased damage in vanilla most people who prefer HC would be happy.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
              One problem with HC (other than the fact that it took away maps and most teamplay features from the game) is that it caused damage to be lowered in Vanilla. IMO the weapons in BF2 did close to what HC damage is in BC2. I think if we could have increased damage in vanilla most people who prefer HC would be happy.
              Interestingly enough the weapins in HC BC2 are no different than they are in vanilla.

The biggest difference between HC and vanilla is in HC your health is cut in half. So, with half the health you die much more quickly when shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                Vanilla for the win. For a true Battlefield game, it's the only way to roll.

-Rand
                I agree, and this is exactly why they should have never introduced a COD game-mode into the BF Series. Never.

From the start it fractures the Community and makes it that much tougher for a Game server owner like me to pick and choose sides.

Comment

Originally posted by cain View Post
                  i agree, and this is exactly why they should have never introduced a cod game-mode into the bf series. Never.

From the start it fractures the community and makes it that much tougher for a game server owner like me to pick and choose sides.
                  +1000
                  [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I've always felt it takes too many rounds to bring down an enemy in regular mode, plus the spotting feels like cheating. I like the realism that HC offers. I know IRL that if I get clipped in the leg with a 7.62 bullet, I'm not going to be able to keep going. I don't want to have to unload half a clip of those into someone to drop them. Luis Dark will tell you my aim isn't that good
                    I think it influences more cautious gameplay too, instead of being a rambo. The auto-heal feature in regular mode too just feels too game-ish. I'm in it for the sim factor but to each his own. I'll play BF3 regardless of mode.

Comment

Well im not gonna be able to play the beta no time but hopefully ill be free more come the official release.

Comment

I agree with Kphant and caddy in the same thread. I suspect the end is nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef View Post
                          I agree with Kphant and caddy in the same thread. I suspect the end is nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by S-Man View Post
                            I've always felt it takes too many rounds to bring down an enemy in regular mode, plus the spotting feels like cheating. I like the realism that HC offers. I know IRL that if I get clipped in the leg with a 7.62 bullet, I'm not going to be able to keep going. I don't want to have to unload half a clip of those into someone to drop them. Luis Dark will tell you my aim isn't that good
                            I think it influences more cautious gameplay too, instead of being a rambo. The auto-heal feature in regular mode too just feels too game-ish. I'm in it for the sim factor but to each his own. I'll play BF3 regardless of mode.
                            Actually the server admin will be able to take off the auto healing for tanks and seems likely for people but would have to look that part up. So that will be covered.

How do we take into account a bullet proof vest?

Comment

If I can I will disable auto healing on every server I have

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                                If I can I will disable auto healing on every server I have
                                I'm at work. Someone find that youtube clip of Vader screaming NOOOOO! at the end of Episode 3.

-Rand
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X