New nVidia Drivers 7/28 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
    Did you mean uninstall your old driver before installing the game. Or uninstall the old driver before installing the new driver.

I assume It would be the latter but assumptions are.. well, you know.
    Their newest drivers, when you select "custom" instal, it has a box you check to do a "clean install" and it completely removes the old drivers and settings automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      Think i may have to try these new drivers later.

I've installed the game and quickly jumped into an empty server to get a glance at the performance, and even though i was averaging 40fps it felt quite stuttery and slow.
      You didn't crash !?!?

what video card do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        Their newest drivers, when you select "custom" instal, it has a box you check to do a "clean install" and it completely removes the old drivers and settings automatically.
        Thanks bro, I'm still downloading the game so I'll know something this afternoon.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Keep us posted!

Comment

That's what I thought! It's wrong though. All CLEAN install does is overwrite over your profiles/settings. If you want it to work you need to ADD/REMOVE nVidia Display drivers and then install this one a clean install.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              That's what I thought! It's wrong though. All CLEAN install does is overwrite over your profiles/settings. If you want it to work you need to ADD/REMOVE nVidia Display drivers and then install this one a clean install.
              Yea, thats what I do most of the time when I load any new drivers. I just wanted to get clear on what everyone did so I wouldnt make any mistakes.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

You didn't crash !?!?

what video card do you have?
                I only played on an empty server for 5mins or so, but no i didn't crash.

Card is a GTX460 1Gb.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post

Thank s for that, I was wrong...

Doming a real complete clean removal and install now.

Comment

These seemed to do the trick for me. No more freezing. No if my skill would just improve for these types of shooters I would be all set.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X