No announcement yet.

Battlefield 3 Alpha impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new drivers crashed in about 5 mins too...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      The new drivers crashed in about 5 mins too...
      Did you FULLY remove the old drivers with a program like driver sweeper?
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Lol poor Cain.

Comment

So now you guys got me all freaked out. Just got the invite for the Alpha this morning. Downloaded the new drivers but havent installed them yet. Was wondering if it is worth it, if it's gonna crash all the time or not. Havent downloaded the game yet. Wasnt gonna waste time on it if it wasnt worth the trouble.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Didn't phantom say he played 10 games after fully removing the old drivers before reinstalling the new ones?
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
              Didn't phantom say he played 10 games after fully removing the old drivers before reinstalling the new ones?
              I haven't been able to do anything before having to uninstall the old drivers (275.50) and installing the new (280.19) drivers afterwards. I still get a couple Crash to Desktops but I get that in BC2 so it's not a problem. It helps that my system can run this game pretty well. I haven't stuttered once. I crash when there are too many people in the same area that I am in/looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                So now you guys got me all freaked out. Just got the invite for the Alpha this morning. Downloaded the new drivers but havent installed them yet. Was wondering if it is worth it, if it's gonna crash all the time or not. Havent downloaded the game yet. Wasnt gonna waste time on it if it wasnt worth the trouble.
                Friend me:

Cainslair

Comment

Friend me:

Cainslair
                  I assume again, (i hate assuming anything) that you can do this in game right.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

You'll see...

The game is launched and controlled from your browser like Battlefield Play4Free...

You will see when you get to the page search for

Cainslair

Comment

You'll see...

The game is launched and controlled from your browser like Battlefield Play4Free...
                      I really hope this is just because it's Alpha and they didn't get around to programming / finishing off the ingame server browser for the Alpha build.

I will probably be fairly upset if the Battlelog is going to be required, or the only way to find and join servers. (at least make it optional)

Slightly annoying to have to log in to Origin, then to the Battlelog, to actually play.

Here's to hoping that the retail version is more like BF2/BC2, where you can log in ingame then there's a server browser ingame as well. Also, hopefully the retail copy wont require Origin, but as it stands right now, looks like a high chance it will, sadly...

Comment

ZP, I'm almost certain it will be this way.

Valve has Steam, and now EA has Origin...

Comment

Originally posted by zp_ View Post
                          I really hope this is just because it's Alpha and they didn't get around to programming / finishing off the ingame server browser for the Alpha build.

I will probably be fairly upset if the Battlelog is going to be required, or the only way to find and join servers. (at least make it optional)

Slightly annoying to have to log in to Origin, then to the Battlelog, to actually play.

Here's to hoping that the retail version is more like BF2/BC2, where you can log in ingame then there's a server browser ingame as well. Also, hopefully the retail copy wont require Origin, but as it stands right now, looks like a high chance it will, sadly...

Actually if the game just uses an actual web browser for a server browser I'm totally ok with that. Think back to every server browser you know...thats right they all sucked in someway or another. Plus if it rendered the server list in HTML there is ton's of tools for scrapping and massaging data in a web client. I could easily make my own filter tool.

Comment

Well was able to play bout 4 rounds today.

I cant really give a good review for a couple of reasons. One, my vid card is really struggling with this one. Temps went up in the 80-85c range, and fps were between 35-40. So gameplay was really jerky. Had to lower my res. but the graphics are still pretty good.

Second thing was I couldnt aim down my sights so that was one thing that hindered me on longer shots. Seems the alpha doesnt give you a place to change that so far. If it did I couldnt find it. Prone is a good relief from not having it for so long.

The sound is excellent, better than BC2. Map is kinda narrow and tough to make headway. If you get a good squad they could shut down advancement pretty easy. At least the map that the alpha runs.

Overall it's the alpha game so I didnt expect much. But we may be able to tell more with the Beta. So I'll wait til that comes out before I say to much.

But the good news is the game never crashed on me. Least not yet.

One other thing is that they didnt allow to add an ingame name so they use your EA name. Mine is REddude12

Comment

Thats with graphics set on HIGH.

Res-1920*1080
                              CPU-980X@4GHz
                              VIDEO-GTX580@940MHz core.

Comment

Originally posted by bobytt View Post

Thats with graphics set on HIGH.

Res-1920*1080
                                CPU-980X@4GHz
                                VIDEO-GTX580@940MHz core.
                                GEEEEZUS!!!

What are you using for benchmarking?
                                We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X