Battlefield 3 tested with 128 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOCO View Post
    Well i guess you will never see your buddy if he is playing against you on the other side might have to send smoke signals
    I don't have any buddies!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
      I don't have any buddies!

Loco only has 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Campinstien View Post
        Loco only has 1

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          There is such a thing as too big. I mean how big is the map going to have to be to fit all those people in there? And what about servers who still use 32 player limit. 32 players in a 10 squared miles map is not a good idea. I say 64 should be the most. Ever.
          BF has this clever thing where the size of the maps adjust depending on the max player count set on the server.

Comment

I think the number of players should be hardware limited and the maps should be HUGE.
            I liked the huge maps in the Delta Force game. It was a little more realistic when it took you 15 to 30 minutes to run to your sniping spot instead of just a few feet away.
            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
            Like the community? Donate here:
            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

The SU will find you wherever you are hiding...Muhahaha
              Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                I think the number of players should be hardware limited and the maps should be HUGE.
                I liked the huge maps in the Delta Force game. It was a little more realistic when it took you 15 to 30 minutes to run to your sniping spot instead of just a few feet away.
                I loved them too DB.
                Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hey I just wanted to post this. I truely think if they ever did go with 128 players, it would turn out to be like Modern Warfare. I noticed if you have too many people, they will just spam fire and hope to hit something. Then it wouldn't be based on skill.

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                    ever play a game called soldner: secret wars? id really like to try ARMA as it seems to use a very similar engine and environment destruction engine.

The maps were huge!!! i want to say they were 20 mile x 20 mile. REALLY sucked when you got shot down and werent killed. spent 15 minutes running back to action, or a farm house w/ tractor to steal.

im just stoked for this game period. FPS's lose their interest to me after a while( its always just shooting the guy in front of you) but this one seems intense, so lets go already !

Comment

Has Cain ever ran a 128 player server? I think the biggest one we have had has been 64 players
                      [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

He used to run 40+ Counter-Strike and DOD Servers.
                        Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          He used to run 40+ Counter-Strike and DOD Servers.
                          Apache
                          ahh yes

Comment

And Bar was a knifing fiend.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X