Known facts so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped from Blue's News:

There are also some BF3 details on the twitter feed of Alan "Demize99" Kertz, the senior gameplay designer on Battlefield 3 (thanks Big Download), who mentions
    "Huge Maps. Tanks Defibrillators. Jets. Team play" and
    "The focus of #BF3 isn't special forces... we'll leave that to MOH" and
    "Yes, there will be spotting" and
    "Dolphin Diving is out. Period" and
    "There will be a knife, there will be dogtags. No details for now" and
    "I want players to have to chose between CQB and Long Range, there won't be hybrid scopes because it kills that choice" and
    "Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time" and
    "No plans for ziplines or grapple hooks no" and
    "BF3 will be deeper than BF2. That said we've paid a lot of attention to keeping depth while pacing the learning curve."

Comment

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...800-leaks.html
      [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

-Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
        -Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
        -Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
        -Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
        -Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
        -Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
        -AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
        -No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
        -Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
        -Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
        -Plan on better, more immediate post release content
        -More unlocks than BFBC2
        -Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
        -4 classes
        -Will talk about squads "later"
        -Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
        -Will have co-op
        -There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
        -BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
        -They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
        -Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.
        -F bomb will be used often, so M rated for sure
        -There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
        -Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
        -More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
        -PC version is lead version
        -Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.
        -No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
        -Original story, not based on Bad Company at all.

Okay, that's basically it.

Some thing I want to point @

-4 classes
        That means one of the classes from BF2 will not be in game? I guess Support?

I hope when one is killed, One can look at the sky to see me teabag someone. *cough Phantom *cough

-There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
        Intresting

What they mean by this? Something like PC title game ported to consoles instead of Console title ported to PC?

-No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
        I'm just glad DICE admit Frostbite is no eazy engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
          I hope when one is killed, One can look at the sky to see me teabag someone. *cough Phantom *cough

What they mean by this? Something like PC title game ported to consoles instead of Console title ported to PC?
          Yeah, turn kill cams off, just like BF2.

And yes, PC being lead version means they're developing it for the PC and porting the result to consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico View Post
            Yeah, turn kill cams off, just like BF2.

And yes, PC being lead version means they're developing it for the PC and porting the result to consoles.
            They do that with the consoles titles as well...everything is built on a pc after all I don't think the xbox has a compiler

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
              They do that with the consoles titles as well...everything is built on a pc after all I don't think the xbox has a compiler
              of course it's built on a PC, but when you build a console game you do so with the game controller in mind, or any specific console issues.
              And keep in mind when they develop a game for consoles they only have to worry about creating the game for one or two equipment configurations (xbox/playstation) but when you make a PC title you have to keep the wide variety of rigs out there in mind.

There is a difference

Comment

Wow some of these people can analyze clues out of nothing... More then what I ever figure out. And I always thought teaser trailers are lame lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RzcvrynSXs&hd=1

Comment

Im still on the fence, I think they are just throwing money + manpower at it and its gonna be buggy as hell or not true to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
                    Im still on the fence, I think they are just throwing money + manpower at it and its gonna be buggy as hell or not true to the series.
                    Just because it has differences, doesn't mean it's not true to the series.

If they released a reskinned version of BF2 i'd more than likely not buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      Just because it has differences, doesn't mean it's not true to the series.

If they released a reskinned version of BF2 i'd more than likely not buy it.
                      I agree. If they did not make changes we would all be playing a reskinned pong.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        Apache
                        Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Pong On line Game

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          Apache
                          Or MW2 or Black Ops or even the next upcomming COD.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                            Or MW2 or Black Ops or even the next upcomming COD.
                            Hey! You don't mess with perfection

Comment

SWEEET GOD.... i can't wait to hop in a jet.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                                Hey! You don't mess with perfection
                                COD4 was good, but not perfect. Anything after that......

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X