X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOIP better work!

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
      I'm disappointed with the lack of a commander, but if they have 6-person squads with VOIP, that'll make up for it.

Without a commander, they should have two VOIP channels: team and squad.

-Rand
      The lack of a commander the first red flag I have seen so far and the quote from DICE "setting the bar lower" this reeks of console simplicity, not a good sign.

If you ask us, this is a textbook example of “dumbing things down”, what DICE calls “make the threshold lower” and we can’t help but feel disappointed that the Commander feature isn’t returning to Battlefield 3. It added a whole new level to the gameplay, which will now be missing in BF3.
      Battlefield 3 wont include Commander feature - Battlefield 3
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
        I will just be happy to be back in the world of real Battlefield. Not this pizza mia Bad Company mess. Not to say I don't enjoy BC2, but it has never been quite the same.

On another note, the console crowd has not taken the (not finalized) 24 player limit well. Please donate a box of Kleenex to your local BF3 forum...
        Well, consider that MAG can support 256 players on PS3 did bring up some intresting conversations about MAG game itself and the reason on xbox360. To me, most of them just dont really care.

Comment

I'm not so sure the commander is needed really. If you have guys that can re arm, and guys that can heal and if recon can call in arty why do you need a commander anymore? It would be just someone spamming "go here" "take that objective".

Comment

A commander can make a big difference when it comes down to two good teams opposing one another and adds depth to the game. On large maps a commander can direct it's squads to areas where they are needed most where it's hard for a squad leader to be able to get the big picture from a quick glance at the map.

It makes me wonder if they are scared of the commander hack given their their inability to deal with it. I also haven't read if VOIP is confirmed or not but if its not there in a better format then it was in BF2 then it is quite possible that this could be more like BC3 instead of BF3. You have just a bunch of independent squads running around fighting each other.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I am beyond excited for this game! Its time to get back into the game series that got me on Cain's in the first place. I know i've been pretty quiet lately, ive been playing a lot of TF2, but this will definitely get me back around again.

Comment

Comment

yaaaaaay I haven't been on the forums for quite a while but I'm glad I'm here now. I can't wait to see everyone again
                  [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
                  X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Holy crap! Look who the cat dragged in.

Hey Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      Holy crap! Look who the cat dragged in.

Hey Chris!
                      hey Juneau how you been. Its good to hear from you guys again!!!
                      [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
                      X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Good thanks! Yourself? maybe you should post another Intro thread. You've been away long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                          The lack of a commander the first red flag I have seen so far and the quote from DICE "setting the bar lower" this reeks of console simplicity, not a good sign.
                          I agree. I'll miss the overwhelming "Oh sh**!" factor of the BF2 commander's arty. I remember many of times on the Wake Island map where most of your forces just took the eastern flag on the beach, then headed up the hill towards the airfield, only to be bombarded by arty in the little forest of palm trees. The individual arty doesn't have the same effect and will be sorely missed.

What they should do is give the arty ability to squad leaders. Let it rotate through them. If you're a squad leader and it's your turn in the rotation, and the arty is ready, you get a message giving you 30 seconds to mark a target for the arty or it rotates to the next squad leader.
                          That way you can still keep the big bang effect of the commander arty without having that "only two players per round" part that DICE doesn't like.

Comment

DICE really shouldn't be worried about the "only 2 players per round" thing. They underestimate just how many people wanted to be a commander. Most players hated the job; almost half the time I took it was because nobody else on the team wanted it.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

Things to bring over from Bf2/2142:
                              6 man squads
                              reduced shrubbery (the reason I could never bring myself to play Valparaiso or Vietnam)
                              no HC
                              enemy-detecting radar in the arsenal of frontline classes (not camping bush-wookies)
                              health and revival in the arsenal of assault classes
                              damage to health ratio
                              HIT REGISTRATION (BC2 was absurd)
                              95% damage to tanks from behind

Things to bring over from BC2:
                              useful AA (needs to be more than one gun per map though)
                              ammo limits
                              possibly the health system... the no-health bar approach is ok, but it should be reworked to seriously handicap snipers (I suggest that ghillie-suit = no body armor or no automatic reheal)

Things to bring over from MoH:
                              Sound (best I have ever heard)
                              mixed objectives. i.e. you have to "conquest" a flag, then blow up an objective, etc.

Everything else that I would like has been mentioned in one article or another.
                              I hope I can upgrade my rig to run this...
                              Last edited by xGoblin013x; 20 Feb 2011, 07:13 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X