"All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Nice intro!
            K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
            sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Welcome to the lair.

You better try to get on the same side as I am when playing COD4.

Comment

Welcome to the Lair

Comment

Ah, now THAT?S an intro.
                  Thanks for taking the time to let us know about you.

Welcome to the community!
                  [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                  So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Welcome!!
                    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Welcome to the Lair! Glad you found us, DougBob.

Comment

Hey now its DougBob !!

Welcome aboard and if you dont mind me asking DougBob.
                        Help educate the dumb Northern

Why DougBob ?? Is it Doug or Bob or Both.
                        I mean no disrespect of course.

just a question, I like to know the names of the people who kill me

Comment

ViTO's Answer

ViTo/All,
                          ok here goes.
                          ViTO asked the question ya'all.
                          I've been so surprised no one has really asked before. It's a long history/story so I'll try to keep it short.
                          Ok, I said I was in the IT field and we all know, well not all of us, anyway some of us know in the IT field there are some strange tails, oh I mean tales.
                          Well it all started ... Have I scared you off yet
                          Good, then here goes,... it all started in the early 90s with a bunch of sysads from, let's call the base, Barcatraz AFB, don't ask the name is another story, you want me to finish tonight right
                          So anyway, A hand-full at this base started using Bob for everyones name. It started with the helpdesk support with the idea of no matter who answered the phone the customer would always get Bob. It may be a different person and the voice was off, but most of the customers didn't know the difference anyway.
                          It started as Fred instead of Bob, but someone said that couldn't work since it could be interpreted as F@#Kin retarded Ed. Please don't take offense, this is just a history of actual thoughts and events. Well of course that pretty much killed the good will thoughts of Fred, so with Fred out the window, Bob was adopted as the phone avatar.
                          Well needless to say, everyone started calling everyone Bob and as some of us other sysads from other bases started visiting the site we all started getting adopted into the Bob family. You got to remember now, this is a tight group and in this type of group it's a small world, a very small world.
                          So before long, we started adding Bob to the first name, which is where DougBob came from. So it became acceptable to call each other DougBob or just Bob, but it was such a habit we all new when the other was talking to you. Sounds weird huh, well you should have saw some of the expressions we got from some of the officers when we all started calling for Bob during test events
                          I know this sounds like a lot of Bull to some of you, but to us this is a big thing and we still do it over 10 years later. I was not in the originating group of Bobs but I am part of the first adopted generation of Bobs and I've kept it ever since, using it as all my log on names for games and such.
                          I am the original DougBob that started in the early 90s before online gaming ever started. If I encounter some one else that used DougBob as their name, yes that has happened occasionally believe it or not, then I use the title theDougBob. Luckily on CoD4, DougBob was not taken.
                          Well, that is the story of the Sysads called Bob. The rest of you can wake up now and I should add one last note and say, this story has never really been told, but since you asked ViTO I figured I would honor the request.
                          Sorry it wasn't so short of a story was it.
                          I'll shutup now.
                          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                          Like the community? Donate here:
                          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

rofl

Comment

Glad to have you here, DougBob.

Comment

I love cool name stories like that !! Thanks for sharing

Although not as funny....

ViTOP was my network name while I worked for NYC DEP and the Admins always made sure to add the small "i" instead of Caps.
                                Ever since then, when I go down to NYC I'm still called Vi-Top.

every name has a story

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X