Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me, Myself, and I all say 'Hi' (with tips and stuff!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me, Myself, and I all say 'Hi' (with tips and stuff!)

You've probably seen me around, a friend told me about this place. Been bumming around for a month or so now on the TF2 server.

Myself:
    I'd estimate myself as 70% Pyro, 20% Demo, 10% Other (which is mostly Sniper or Engineer, as needed .. I'm one of, if not the worst Medic or Spy).

I only call for medic when I need healed and am very low hp.

If I see them, I give teleporter priority to engineers, medics, and heavies, and expect priority over spies, snipers, and scouts (though priority in-and-of-itself is situational).

In the event others see this, I'll toss out a few tidbits...

1. Backburner is -only- good if you can get behind the enemy. Use the regular burner for everything else! You should switch often, to whichever is needed.

2. Use the flare gun, you can snipe sentries and snipers with it, and spycheck corners a long distance away.

3. The axetinguisher -always- crits a burning target, sammichs won't save heavies this way.

4. Air blasting burning teammates will put out the fire, saving them. Do this.

5. If there's an ammo box and a dispenser side by side, use the dispenser. It doesn't take metal away from the engineer, and leaves them the ammo box which DOES give them metal.

6. Toss flares and flame at corners (and elsewhere). Spies burn! ..and don't fall for the item that makes it appear they die on hit, if you see flames still running after they die, pursue. Spycheck, spycheck, spycheck!

7. A pyro can light sniper arrows on fire, which causes much higher damage (though no assist), take care, as you can also light the enemy's arrows on fire as they come at you.

8. You can airblast flares, quite fun killing pyros with their own flares (or the shotgun/flare fireball-taunt for that matter).

9. If a rushing pyro can get 4 or 5 quick kills, you can cause the whole enemy team to look at you for 5 seconds, it can mean that is 5 seconds they aren't looking at your team, which can get a game winning push in.

10. Last, and most important tip: if you're a pyro, and your team is relying on sentries, stop attacking the enemy team, plant yourself at a sentry, and keep the spies off it. There are many places sentries are built where you can sit on a dispenser, and keep a permanent flame over the only entry to the sentry, such as a stairway. Make sure you have the regular burner, so you can airblast ubers away.

And a tip for demo's, when you're uber'd, place 8 stickies and you should JUST start flashing, then detonate. Much more effective than lobbing pipe bombs in most situations.

Tip for snipers, jarate is a must-equip if you have it. You can spycheck (it uncovers spies), increase damage on many targets at once, and put out fires on your teammates. Also, should never have more snipers than the enemy has heavies.

A note for all classes, if you turn on hit sounds (under multiplayer->advanced), you hear ping-like sounds when you hit an enemy. Great for shotgun spychecks, since if you hear a ping, you know you hit a cloaked spy, even if you didn't see the blood spatter. Annoying at first, but you do get used to them.

Last note is for the medics, I've found its generally better to uber a demo or heavy than a pyro at round start. If you have your choice at start of round, pick a demo or heavy. Don't get me wrong, I like the ubers now and then, but its sad I have to hide in a corner at round start -frequently- so that the medics will uber the classes that can hit the starting sentries. I usually end up airborn quickly, and the pyro's tools mid-flight are limited.

Thanks for posting the tips. My favorite. If you are a pyro and you see a friendly engineer turn away from you as soon as he sees you, pursue and set on fire. 99% of the time he will be an enemy Spy.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Welcome. How is your name pronounced?

I always assume everyone is a spy. Flame first, ask questions later.
      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by Heceldi View Post
        8. You can airblast flares, quite fun killing pyros with their own flares (or the shotgun/flare fireball-taunt for that matter).
        I think they patched this so you can't do it anymore, didn't they?

Oh, and Welcome to the Lair
        Last edited by ch33s3r; 19 Feb 2010, 10:08 AM.
        Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Welcome to the Lair!

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
              Welcome. How is your name pronounced?
              I pronounce it "huh sel` dee".

Comment

Comment

Thank you for the tips !!

Welcome to the Lair Heceldi !!
                  K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                  sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post

Thanks for posting the tips. My favorite. If you are a pyro and you see a friendly engineer turn away from you as soon as he sees you, pursue and set on fire. 99% of the time he will be an enemy Spy.
                    Apache
                    Not just engineers.. from experience, it seems engineer, pyro, demo, spy (in that order) are the most common (but I do suspect everyone). That's also why I have my flare always equipped. If they turn around before I get in range, I can still light them up from a good distance away. =)

Side note, one thing I've seen more of on this server than any other are spies disguising themselves as other classes of their own team. Yes you other pyros, make sure you note that! A few days ago, I heard someone call someone else a hacker since it was an enemy soldier that cloaked.. spies aren't limited to opposing team disguises, they can appear as other classes on their own team too!

Comment

Great to have you with us
                      [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Heceldi View Post
                        Side note, one thing I've seen more of on this server than any other are spies disguising themselves as other classes of their own team.
                        I've seen some folks use this approach with dead ringer... effective.
                        [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                        <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Comment

And Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Nice tips, welcome ot the forums.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X