BIIIIIIIG problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
    Do you know why its called SAFE MODE ??? Your mouse has a driver for it. In SAFE MODE, the specialized driver is bypassed and Windows uses a generic driver. So far, we haven't gotten anywhere with fixing this PC.
    +1 That's why it was the first thing i stated. I can almost guarantee that if you hook up a PS/2 mouse to your PC it'll work.

Comment

Once you get in safe mode use msconfig and start one at a time finding the path to the drivers or what appears to be the drivers and uncheck them reboot and see what makes a difference. You'll be looking for the items on the startup tab in msconfig. To launch it just go Start>RUn and enter msconfig and click OK.
      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
      Like the community? Donate here:
      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

wow im impressed!!!! i tried the new mouse and guess what!!

NOTHING

so then i decided to try a usb mouse since mine uses the normal slot and guess what happened?!?!?!?!?!?!?

NOTHING

so now that you have your confirmation that I was correct about it not being the mouse can i get some help on what may be the cause for it..

i still kind of think it may have been that auto update but i got a system
        Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
        BF4: Awesome FK
        Steam ID: henry06x
        Xbox Live: H3llboundH3ro v
        X henry06x

Comment

Check your Bios and make sure USB Mouse Support is enabled before you try the USB Mouse.
          Uninstall the mouse drivers, reboot and see if the mouse works with the generic window drivers.
          Reinstall the mouse drivers after uninstalling the old mouse drivers.
          Try an older mouse driver for your mouse.
          Check and see if there is an update for your mouse drivers.
          Contact the manufacturer of your mouse about the problems you are having.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Its his mouse ... he just doesn't know it yet.

I'll bow out of this thread and let Henry learn how to troubleshoot
            his PC with someone else's help.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
              Its his mouse ... he just doesn't know it yet.

I'll bow out of this thread and let Henry learn how to troubleshoot
              his PC with someone else's help.
              you said to try different mouses i did... i tryd the one that came with my computer and a usb one from my laptop. both of them acted the same as the laser one i have. the usb workded in safe mode and just bounced around the same corner as the others did in normal operations... so i dont understand how that can be the mouse... 3 different mouses 2 different ways to hook them up and they all respond the exact same... so seriously hows that the mouse???? i could see maybe a driver (witch apache just went over so before that i wouldent no) and i will try that... do you want me to take videos with my digital video camera of me using all 3 mouses and how they react in safe mode and normal operations and load it on here to prove to you that its not the actual mouse itself??? because all youve said so far is try a different mouse 10 times and ive tried 3 and the one is brand new so obviously your incorect about it being the mouse itself (drivers maybe but not the mouse)
              im not trying to be disrespectful or pissy with you walking but i just saying ive tried what you said with different ports and everything and it did not work.
              Apparently my BF EA manager name is "AwesomeFK" If anyone knows how to change that let me know.
              X henry06x

Comment

Originally posted by Henry06x View Post
                wow im impressed!!!! i tried the new mouse and guess what!!

NOTHING

so then i decided to try a usb mouse since mine uses the normal slot and guess what happened?!?!?!?!?!?!?

NOTHING

so now that you have your confirmation that I was correct about it not being the mouse can i get some help on what may be the cause for it..

i still kind of think it may have been that auto update but i got a system
                Now that is strange. Something more sinister is causing this problem. Next step is to do what Dougbob suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  Check your Bios and make sure USB Mouse Support is enabled before you try the USB Mouse.
                  Uninstall the mouse drivers, reboot and see if the mouse works with the generic window drivers.
                  Reinstall the mouse drivers after uninstalling the old mouse drivers.
                  Try an older mouse driver for your mouse.
                  Check and see if there is an update for your mouse drivers.
                  Contact the manufacturer of your mouse about the problems you are having.
                  Apache
                  were do i go to uninstall the drivers to try and get it to revert to the old ones???
                  X henry06x

Comment

right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager. mice and other pointing devices.

Also check in the bios for any PS2 mouse settings...

I need to ask this also....are you sure the ps2 mouse is plugged into the mouse port and not the keyboard....prolly not since it works in safe mode.

Do you have a PS2 keyboard.....If you have a spare one try a different keyboard with that mouse.

Comment

one common way to open the BIOS is to hold either F11 or DEL on startup

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmie2 View Post
                        one common way to open the BIOS is to hold either F11 or DEL on startup
                        Or F1 or F2.... It's easy enough just to look on bootup and get ready to hit any number of keys to get into the bios. lol
                        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X