Hardware search - looking for front USB box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware search - looking for front USB box

It seems that this thing is unavailable EVERYWHERE, and I am looking to get one for my wife's PC. Yea, I am anal and need it in beige, even if its impossible to find.

http://www.ultraproducts.com/product...&productID=468

Looking for a beige USB front breakout box as shown in the link above. If you can find it online, please hook a brother up with a link. May the google Force be with you, as every etailer that shows it does not in fact stock it. I think I found it on the Buy.com Canada site, but they do not ship to the US.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Only find it in Black... and this includes Ebay.

Comment

Yea, that's what I've found as well. TigerDirect has something similar, but only 2 USB ports and thats IT ! I really do fixate on what I want instead of settling for an alternative, so I'll keep looking.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Could you paint it?
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm looking for something similar actually, except external... to sit under my monitor.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I've thought of painting it, but the general consensus is that you can't go from black to beige without some color irregularities/issues cropping up. Taping that sucker off would be a VERRRRY tedious job, and I am just not skilled enough to attempt it.
            This search is starting to tick me off, and I've already picked out another entire case (I was going to buy this in February) but since its the wife's PC, it usually gets delayed. The current case is an old Antec SX830 and for her (and me), its fine except for missing front USB.

Comment

You would need to paint it white first and then beige. And it would need multiple coats. Then finished with a clear coat to protect it.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

i got ya covered WT.

Bytecc 3.5-inch USB2.0/Firewire/e-SATA Combo Internal Hub UFH-421 Internal Combo System Hub Bytecc Front Panel-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

it comes with black, silver and beige front panels.

Comment

BINGO !!!! Chef, I did a thorough search on the Egg and did NOT notice this model .. it looks very much like the Koutech FPM421 unit (notice the name similarities?).

I think that is a winner !! Thanks again .. ordering tonight. I knew you guys would dig up a suitable choice !!

Edit: Ordered it now, no time like the present !!

Comment

directron is the first place I look for case parts. they rarely let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef View Post
                      directron is the first place I look for case parts. they rarely let me down.
                      same here. been using them for years.
                      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X