No announcement yet.

what motherboard do u use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx, sounds like the 750 is what I want then ..

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
      No mate they Both run at 16x on the motherboard
      Maybe i'm thinking about the 650i then.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
        Maybe i'm thinking about the 650i then.
        Yes mate the 650i Only worked in SLI at 8x each slot where the 750i runs at 16 in each slot

Comment

Originally posted by bobytt View Post
          If you have only 3GB of memory you are not using the whole potential of your system , because its not running in dual channel. you have to have 2 pairs or 4 pairs of identical amount of memory to take the advantage of your hardware.
          1x1GB 2x2GB 4x1GB 4x2GB or 4x4GB
          you can usually get away with using 2 1 gb sticks, and 2 512 mb in the appropriate sockets and run fine in dual channel. even if it doesnt, intel flex memory mode usually kicks in, if your board supports it

Comment

Here's a nice chart detailing the differences between the 750 and 780 boards:

http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/...i_SLI_Arrives/

Keep in mind that the eVGA is a non-reference board and does in fact support Tri-SLI as well as 2x16 PCIe slots for video cards, so the chart gives you some info on variations, but its another reason why the eVGA board is the such a good performer as well.

Hopefully my Vista install will only require a phone activation after the board swap. I may just wait two weeks until I order the 9800 card so that I can do all the hardware changes and activation at once.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

When running in SLI mode, the 750i?s PEG slots operate in a dual x8 configuration, whereas the 780i SLI has 16 lanes of dedicated PCI Express connectivity to three PEG slots. In fact, the nForce 680i SLI has a total of 62 Gen 1 and Gen 2 PCI Express lanes.

Comment

Well as i said i got 780i and i have the feeling that overclocking potential is bigger with 780

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X