It Really Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Really Works!

I sure some here either have it or has heard about it but I thought I would mention it anyway. If you have a disk that is scratched and its one of your favorites I found this pencil called ( Scratch Be Gone ) its green with a real soft lead like stuff that has a piece of string on it so when it gets low you just pull the string to get more.

It worked on several of my cd's that would not play. I got this at my dad's store so not sure if any or what other stores my carry it.
    Last edited by Todd98; 6 May 2008, 11:37 AM.

Did a google search and I can't seem to find this product ...
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Just use regular toothpaste and a soft cloth...works wonders
      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
      [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
        Did a google search and I can't seem to find this product ...
        Strange they claim too have advertised it on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110 View Post
          +1

My kid was 5 and taught me that little trick. I don't know where he got it from, but all his X-Box games work again. I got on his butt about doing it and thought he was BS ing me but ... sure enough....it works.

(Don't use the toothpaste with the gritty stuff in it.)

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
            +1

My kid was 5 and taught me that little trick. I don't know where he got it from, but all his X-Box games work again. I got on his butt about doing it and thought he was BS ing me but ... sure enough....it works.

(Don't use the toothpaste with the gritty stuff in it.)
            Anything that is still based off limestone(thats the grit) won't work. i believe Sensodyne works rather well. i think there's a gel out there too that works the same way.

I Also found that my wife's acrylic eyeglass repair kit(another as seen on TV product from Walgreens) works great for the smaller scuff's and scratches when used the same way as done on her eyeglasses. since its a liquid, at can cover a larger area, and works better on the scuffs than i'd think the pencil could. could be werong though, i've never seen the pencil anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110 View Post
              +1

I've been doing this for years. Works everytime.

Comment

Do not use toothpaste to clean gold, silver or platinum. It will scratch the metal and it dries to the consistency of cement.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X