First Build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Build!

Hey all! Long time no talk. Well long story short, I'm over gaming on a laptop so I've decided to put some money into my first build! My budget is around $1500. This link has me around $1600 which is fine, this price is including two monitors and a keyboard as well. No biggie. I have been messing around with PC Part Picker as a guide with some light reading and have come up with the following preliminary build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3cRX27 This isn't final, I'm getting together with my brother in the near future to bang out some details and a final build. Wanted to see what you gurus thought about it and if you had any suggestions.

Much love!

Hi Christopolis,
    Not many of the experts check in here regularly. As an amateur, my only advice is to avoid Win10 Home. I worked with it over the holidays and discovered several features were intentionally gimped by Microsoft. Instead, I'd buy Win10 Pro and install the 64-bit version. If I were shopping today, I might get it here: https://pcmarket-online.com/en/opera...SABEgIhOfD_BwE

This is for the OEM version, meaning it cannot be transferred later to a different PC. For the price, I like that deal.

Comment

sadly I am so out of place with what is good and bad now.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
        Hi Christopolis,
        Not many of the experts check in here regularly. As an amateur, my only advice is to avoid Win10 Home. I worked with it over the holidays and discovered several features were intentionally gimped by Microsoft. Instead, I'd buy Win10 Pro and install the 64-bit version. If I were shopping today, I might get it here: https://pcmarket-online.com/en/opera...SABEgIhOfD_BwE

This is for the OEM version, meaning it cannot be transferred later to a different PC. For the price, I like that deal.
        This is really helpful, Kudos to you!

Comment

I wonder how good is the specs that you'll get now for $1500 budget. I mean, time does make some older stuff cheaper and new stuff to be much affordable than the previous new releases.

Comment

Dude, you'll get a mid-range specs though it's still a monster itself on performance.

Comment

Already got one and currently playing ESO on Steam with full graphics on.

Comment

Nice, what are the specs?

Comment

Hey, so I have an RTX 3080 and an RTX 3080. Is one 850 watt PSU enough to power them both?

Comment

Originally posted by SCameron View Post
                    Hey, so I have an RTX 3080 and an RTX 3080. Is one 850 watt PSU enough to power them both?
                    What?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X