No announcement yet.

For the temperature obsessed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm pretty sure that it would be a repairman's nightmare. You'd have to remove that heat sink just to put in a stick of ram, pull out a bad floppy, hard drive, power supply, and pretty much everything else in a pc case that isn't the size of a volkswagon.

It is a fanless heatsink, or so it says on the box. That fan in the fourth picture is just sitting on there and the second pic looks like some sort of rigging job using wire to hold the fan on there. Either way it'd be a pain to work on a PC that has this big thing in the way. I've seen some lots smaller that were a pain to work around.

A heatsink half the size of the motherboard? C'mon.

Not to mention that it weighs 1155g wtihout fan. It is so heavy it will pull your CPU Socket off the board unless you build some kind of supports for it.

Found a pic:

If you put a fan on it... go ahead and take the side of your case and kick a dent in it so that you can get it around the fan...then go ahead and cut a hole in the side of the case so it will have somewhere to draw air from.
    Darn.. did I forget to put this last memory stick in?

Comment

[quote="-IRC-MIKE"]

I heard that this Sink + Mobo combo will do the quarter mile under 16 seconds.

Here- does anyone notice the resemblence?

Comment

^ROFL

I bet the CPU cooler has more horsepower than that car does
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Hey, I have that thing in the first pic of this thread ....

the AOpen mainboard, that is .....

I wouldn't buy the cooler unless I was planning on using it as a weapon to fend off attacking zombie hordes. Then, I would buy a dually board and make the ULTIMATE WEAPON !!!
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

It's still not as big as Zalman's lol:

Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

honestly, how are you supposed to fit that in a case XD

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns
                It's still not as big as Zalman's lol.
                Oh yeah.... the one above is bigger than the zalman. I have installed this zalman and it is not nearly as big as that other beast.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
                  Originally posted by Devilguns
                  It's still not as big as Zalman's lol.
                  Oh yeah.... the one above is bigger than the zalman. I have installed this zalman and it is not nearly as big as that other beast.
                  look at the picture of the Zalman's. the one in the middle is a display model that towers over the normally sized ones.

Comment

The one I installed was bigger than the ones on the right and left. I can't really tell by the pictures since there is really nothing to relate size to, but the one I put in a buddy's machine was huge, but wasn't as big as that big ass thing up top. The diameter of the zalman I put in was probably 5 1/2 - 6 inches. and almost touched the side panel, back panel fan. That beast up top there, looks to be about 9 inches off the motherboard and 8 inches by 6 inches square at the biggest part. You figure that motherboard is about ten inches.

Comment

ok, look at it this way. if the one in the center is noramal sized. how small are the ones on the sides? it's a display for a zalman 9500.....

fyi, the 9500 is smaller than the 9700.

Comment

a size comparison:

90 x 124 x 142mm zalman 9500
                        85 x 112 x 125mm zalman 9700
                        110 x 110 x 150mm scythe ninja+ (my HS)

I use the scythe fanless on a c2d e6300 OCed from 1.83 to 2.8 gigahertz

the ninja is large but I have no problem working around it

Comment

I use the Thermalright U-120 Extreme

Dimension : L63.44 x W132 x H160.5 mm (heatsink only)
                          Weight :790g (Heatsink Only

and its only $49

Comment

the ninja was only $39 actually that's what swayed me towards it. It's pretty cheap for the features that it has.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X