New rig pictures with temps ect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rig pictures with temps ect.

So I have been playing around with the new computer and I think I might be there.
    Just not sure on the temps. I was running Pub G and That might be the most graphically intense game to see the difference. Please tell me what you think.

System Configuration:
    Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
    Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Blanco White
    Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
    Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K (6-Core) 3.70GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z370 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
    System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
    Power Supply: 1000W EVGA SuperNOVA G2 (Fully Modular)
    Optical Drive: External USB - Blu-Ray Player (Blu-Ray 6x) & DVD/CD Writer
    Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
    Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
    Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB (VR Ready)
    Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
    Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H110i GT - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
    Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Blue - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
    Chassis Fans: Corsair LED Airflow Performance Edition (Blue) Fans
    Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
    Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
    Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)
    CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores got to 4.9
    Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
    Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
    Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
    Attached Files

Cant comment on the water cooled CPU side but i would be quite happy with those temps even if it was air cooling.

Id if you can move the radiator to the top (if there is fans behind it) depending on which fan has a fast cfm it might actually hinder the radiators pushing fans.
    Thats if there is fans in the hollow, if they are a faster cfm, id swap them and push in from the front, and exhaust top to keep the blue led.
    Or...
    Take off the inner fans off the radiator and use them to push in from the top...
    Leaving radiator on the front and led fans

The GPU temps are from my view acceptable.
    I dont know if it would help but did you try mounting that intake (i assume it is because of the radiator) or even another on the top feeding in fresh air to the GPU card?
    As your exauhsting front and lower back, the air there on top should be quite room temp still, as it wont be dirty psu air.
    But it might only be a few degrees difference, infact prob would be marginal...

Looking good though, like the case framing and looks easy to wire up.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
      Cant comment on the water cooled CPU side but i would be quite happy with those temps even if it was air cooling.

The GPU temps are from my view acceptable.
      I dont know if it would help but did you try mounting that intake (i assume it is because of the radiator) or even another on the top feeding in fresh air to the GPU card?
      As your exauhsting front and bottom, the air there should be quite room temp.
      But it might only be a few degrees difference, infact prob would be marginal...

Looking good though, like the case framing and looks easy to wire up.
      Actually the exhaust is the top and back.. front fans and bottom fan for the psu.

Comment

Whoop caught me mid edit hehe

Only thing id be chasing on that would be maybe overall cooler, as in the edit (middle bit).
        Just gotta play find out what gives you cool air inside at a constant to feed those cooling outputs, prob what id do is feed in coolish air from above to help the gpu.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I love that behind the motherboard fan. Took me a minute to find the SSDs lol

I like how neat and clean everything is!

Comment

Very nice! Should be great to play on.
            --Slaughter

Comment

still tweaking the fan speeds for sound.
              Compared to my old computer it is 9 seconds faster on the start up.

Comment

Nice looking rig Goldenfooler, really like that case.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  So I have been playing around with the new computer and I think I might be there.
                  Just not sure on the temps. I was running Pub G and That might be the most graphically intense game to see the difference. Please tell me what you think.
                  LOVE that case, looks terrific!

Comment

One bad thing about the case is the filters are not easily removed for cleaning. That i should have thought of.

I did have problems, but the customer service was done very well.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X