No announcement yet.

is this card dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The card is very clean. When i clean it i always take it out cause of the design of the cooler. Seems i am out of luck. I sent in an RMA claim this afternoon and just received this back from the claim department.

According to Sapphire warranty policy, the product must need to be :

1. Within 2-years from date of Purchase

AND

2. within 2-years from date of manufacturing

Although from the invoice, it is within 2-years from date of purchase,
    however from the serial number, your card is manufactured in the 49 months
    of 2005 ! That's well over 2-years warranty period. Therefore, the
    warranty is voided.
    Damn Sapphire! I'm not impressed!

Comment

that's weak

Comment

awww dude that sucks. I gotta admit im really impressed with neweggs`s rma setup. Just click you account, find the item and submit for RMA. very fast and very easy.
        Ive seen some good reviews on newegg and returns. I hope they live up to their rep.

Comment

Originally posted by The HogFather
          The card is very clean. When i clean it i always take it out cause of the design of the cooler. Seems i am out of luck. I sent in an RMA claim this afternoon and just received this back from the claim department.

AND

I know it doesnt help at this point, but this is EXACTLY why I boycott this company. Sapphire used to be the most expensive short life card out there. We used to put these cards in our machines with all kinds of cooling, and in 3 months they would wither without even OCing the clock.

What happens is you pull it out of the box ooh...ahh ..pretty..

Then a few weeks later hmm..colors look dull...why am I slogging through this...

Three to six months later my fps are down...why cant I ....heyyyy wait a minute!....

Then it either fails of just becomes a very mediocre or low end card.

Comment

Originally posted by The HogFather

AND

Although from the invoice, it is within 2-years from date of purchase,
            however from the serial number, your card is manufactured in the 49 months
            of 2005 ! That's well over 2-years warranty period. Therefore, the
            warranty is voided.
            Damn Sapphire! I'm not impressed!
            Never heard of that before. Surely that can't pass regulations? It's not your faults that you were handed an older built card than a newer one. That the shops stock and how it works.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X