No announcement yet.

Turning my PSU upside down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can get diamond impregnated steel cut off wheels if you want. I don't know what they are selling for right now but, I can find out.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The best thing for cutting your case when adding new fans.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
        The best thing for cutting your case when adding new fans.

umm yeeaaah

a nibbler wouldn't disappoint you mapes

Comment

That would be a cool mod Duke. A mesh grill would look pretty cool:
          http://www.xoxide.com/120mm-mesh-fan-grill.html

I've used a 3 inch hole saw for 80mm fans and a hand nibbler for 120mm.

An air compressed or electric nibbler would be awesome though. I still have some mental and physical scars of helping a friend modify and old Gateway case. I swear the side panel had to be three pounds of steel lol.
          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

I found a 120mm hole saw for under $20.00 and the 80mm one was even cheaper so for those holes I think that is the way to go. The 140mm one was $50.00 so I think I would use something else for that if I decide to do this.

I have one of those mesh grills Devilguns, I was part of my case. Lian Li called it a filter but it didn't do much so I replaced it with a finer one. I want to use that mesh grill with some filter material under it for the side fan. I think it will look sweet.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
              /snip

umm yeeaaah

It really is trust me. Perfect sized hole and not too much filing as long as you take it slow.

Dremels are the worst thing you can use.

Comment

to each his own. I've been using nibblers since the 80s when i was doing costum car audio. I have used hole saws for putting holes in electrical boxes. when the holes get as big as they need to be for 80mm and larger fans i prefer the nibbler. IMO the exception is a very sharp hole saw used on a drill press. I own a compressor. I don't own a drill press.

it takes a lot of torque to put a 120mm HS through a steel panel. when that thing catches you better be braced. I've seen people that got wrapped up in the cord of a high torque drill motor before they could get it stopped. (yes, it looked funny)

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
                  /snip

umm yeeaaah

It really is trust me. Perfect sized hole and not too much filing as long as you take it slow.

Dremels are the worst thing you can use.
                  I call it a dremel tool, it is actually a craftsman Pro Series router with the flexshaft attachment and mounts. I also have a rotozip that I have never used..still in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
                    I have a light duty craftsman dremel. However having the cutting disks break easily annoys me. If I ever do any more metal cutting I have a compressor and I think I'd go out and buy one of these

I have one of those too, and a 60 gal air compressor. I use this that thing when it gets into heavy cutting on long lines. You gotta be careful with this thing. If a cutting disc comes apart on you, it can be deadly. Mine can torque up to 30,000 RPM's with a small cutting disc (about 3 inch dia.) and that is a lot of shrapnel if you bind it up at those speeds. I turn my compressor down when in use, and also there is a valve setting on the tool that allows some airflow modifications to slow it down, but you need a big compressor because it just lets a lot of airflow go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                      I can get diamond impregnated steel cut off wheels if you want. I don't know what they are selling for right now but, I can find out.
                      Apache
                      you got my intrest peaked. how much are they?\

Comment

I once ran the PSU on the bottom Made for a neat looking rats nest once.

I love big huge cases

Comment

Thats just awesome Vito
                          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X