Good Fan Control Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Fan Control Software

Does anyone have suggestions for CPU fan and case fan control software?

I currently have a Dell 630i PC which has a nVidia based motherboard. nVidia has the nTune software which worked great for fan management until the 285 graphic drivers came out. Basically, the nVidia control panel for my 560 Ti card conflicts with the nTune software. It is a known bug according to the geforce.com forums, but either way it makes the nTune software wacky. I've tried several work arounds and possible fixes for nTune, but the software still acts weird.

So, I'm looking for a simple CPU fan and case fan software that will allow me to change the fan speeds based on CPU temperatures.

My thinking is that if I uninstall nTune then my graphic card will default to auto fan control and then I use the new software to control my CPU and case fans.

The plans is to set the case fans at a locked % and then set the CPU fan to linear RPM rise based on a linear temperature.
    Nauticas

Have a look in your BIOS. Most motherboards for years now have CPU and case fan settings in there. This is what apps like nTune control.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X