Testing RAM cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing RAM cards

Alright I'm like 90% sure one of my ram cards have failed, so I figure ill upgrade a bit but I dont want to replace all 4 cards. But I have a problem how do I know which of the RAM cards have failed so I can swap out the correct ones. Also anything needed to know when buying RAM last time I did it I just bought 8gb of RAM and put em in.

As always any and all help is appreciated.

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
    Alright I'm like 90% sure one of my ram cards have failed, so I figure ill upgrade a bit but I dont want to replace all 4 cards. But I have a problem how do I know which of the RAM cards have failed so I can swap out the correct ones. Also anything needed to know when buying RAM last time I did it I just bought 8gb of RAM and put em in.

As always any and all help is appreciated.

get memtest. I think you can download an ISO image, burn it and boot it. You can tell it how to run various tests and for how long

Comment

located here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Comment

kthks

Comment

boot with one DIMM at a time and test it. If you don't see any failures, try the next one. Rinse and repeat. Eventually you should start seeing failures.
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X