Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Hosting

Hey guys,
    I've got to brush up on my HTML and CSS, but first I need a web host to deal with for playing around with my own stuff. I was wondering if anyone knew what Cain was using for his webhost.

It's going to take me awhile to learn all that I want to learn as well. I started learning HTML a long time ago and the potential is insane what you can do with just HTML alone. Coding has always brought a smile to my face so this is the path I'm going to be taking.

I just need to know what a good web host would be if I were to start using Dreamweaver.

First, you don't need a web host to learn HTML & CSS. You can do that all on your own PC. The only noticeable difference is that using your own PC avoids any delay (double-click the file to run it in your browser).

Eventually, you'll want to share your web site with the world.
    For domain names I use Namecheap.com. They are reliable. They also have reasonable rates on web hosting.

Avoid GoDaddy. They like business arrangements that their customers do not.

Comment

Thanks Qicmee. I know I can do it all on my PC, but I want to see how it all works outside of the computer.

There's alot of trial and error when it comes to posting it on a real website.

I just purchased a month to Lynda.com so I'm going to start learning from there. Even though there are thousands of sites that I could easily read for HTML and CSS. This has all that I want to learn. Once I brush up on HTML and CSS again I'll start going with Java. Then learn flash to finally create a flash game!

Not one of those crappy flash games though. This is going to go in depth haha

Comment

That's a long road. Have fun!

Comment

Another good Name Service provider is Joker.com. I've used them for years. As for hosting sites I've used dreamhost and they seem alright.

Comment

I use bluehost.com to host my websites. I have about 10 sites through them and they offer a lot of hosting features for the money. And their service is top notch too. If you want to dabble with html coding and other stuff they make easy. They also give you a lot of access to scripts. You can create and customize Wordpress blogs and even Forums.
            Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X