ESN Sonar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESN Sonar

ok so I am a little bored and looking through the programs running on my computer to see what needs to be uninstalled(bf3 beta). I see there is a program ESN Sonar(esn social software AB). Is this the Orgin software that is reading my computer or something else?

Another interesting one .. don't know what is is running is a microsfot visiual C++ 2008 redistribable <there are 6 of these>. Any of you techy guys know what they would be installed for?

The ESN Sonar is basically the plugin that runs battlelog's party system for you. The whole voice chat concept too.

The C++ redis are all codecs/programs that your computer needs to read C++ language that most all games run on. Those most likely have been installed by Bad Company 2. I have plenty of them too. Do not install any of them. You will need all for BF3.

Comment

Thanks I thought so. ALL the C++ would have been for BF3 because I don't have BC2.

Comment

same i uninstalled bfbc2 lol when beta came out

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          Thanks I thought so. ALL the C++ would have been for BF3 because I don't have BC2.
          A lot of different applications rely on the C++ redistributables.
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
            A lot of different applications rely on the C++ redistributables.
            Yup. And the reason we have so many different versions is because a developer can use any version, but we must match that exact version to run their software. Runtimes are released packages of code that are used-but-not-created by the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
              Yup. And the reason we have so many different versions is because a developer can use any version, but we must match that exact version to run their software. Runtimes are released packages of code that are used-but-not-created by the developer.
              This should be changing in the future. They tried to address it with "side by side assemblies" (dlls), and then decided that is overkill and simply putting the version number in the dll would eliminate dll hell. I think visual studio 10 is where they started implementing these changes.

I don't know why they didn't do this to begin with. It's simple, everyone can immediately tell what version of the VCRT they have and there is no chance of DLL hell. *nix has been doing this ever since I can remember.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X