I am a Weak, Weak Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Needle View Post
    I've taken them off before but it was seriously glued on there just to warn you!
    You might want to prepare a large attractive BF3 sticker to hide the residue.

Alcohol usually won't do much, but some Goo Gone might help. It temporarily dissolves tacky adhesives (not epoxy).

Comment

If it is epoxy alcohol will not touch it. And acetone or mineral spirits may harm the finish of your case.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I suspect that the excitement of BF3 is cracking a few hardened gamers into buying new.

I just hppened to be in Dubai at the same time as a technology exhibition and my new laptop would just not let me go home without it. All it needs now is BF3 to make it complete but that won't happen until 10th November so get limbering up guys, I will be home for 6 weeks
        Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr View Post
          I suspect that the excitement of BF3 is cracking a few hardened gamers into buying new.

I just hppened to be in Dubai at the same time as a technology exhibition and my new laptop would just not let me go home without it. All it needs now is BF3 to make it complete but that won't happen until 10th November so get limbering up guys, I will be home for 6 weeks
          And dropping bombs on our heads.
          Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
            Can I prise the Cyberpower logo off my front chassis without damaging anything? It's just pretty dang obtrustive. It looks like it's simply glued on, so I think if I'm careful I can pry it off, and clean off what's left with alcohol.

Have you tried this?

-Rand
            I tried it. It was my first PC. Anyways, it kinda came off from the humid weather of Houston and then I tried to pull it off. It broke off and left me with "CYB" and "ERPOWER" separate logos. The leftover adhesive was too hard for me to get out with 70% alcohol so it stuck there and soon after a fly died in it. It was quite an awkward moment showing it to people.

I suggest Goo Gone. That this will take everything out of anything.

Comment

I have taken case and laptop badges off with WD40. It worked well.
              Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Are both the case and Emblem metal? If they are you can use heat to weaken the glue. This works especially well with epoxy. Get an all purpose butane lighter and heat just the emblem. Once you smell glue burning stop. You might want to have canned air or a damp sponge to cool off the case if you get it to hot. I do this all the time removing pearls from their settings. Of course I am using an acetylene torch.
                Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I may just leave it. I didn't consider epoxy until the jeweler expert brought it up.

I'd rather now have a "cyberpower"-shaped mass of dust and debris on the front after failing to remove the epoxy even with goo gone. And really, how often do I look at the front when it's in the right spot next to the desk?

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

That big Cyberpower logo can be easily hidden with a Hello Kitty sticker!

Looking forward to patching your tank real soon! I know, I know, don't stand at behind armor to repair.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                        Looking forward to patching your tank real soon! I know, I know, don't stand at behind armor to repair.
                        Got that right brother. Though, it may be helpful to have engineers behind me in this game to stop heli rockets.

Hello Kitty, huh? I was thinking Pikachu.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Last thing to go is the physical move of the new box in place of the old, and installing my gaming mouse and keyboard. May have photos tonight if I have time.

3DVantage went from approximately 1,800 to 18,000 pre-overclock, and 19,000 with the overclock. I was only able to hit 43 on the multiplier --even using some of the suggested settings you guys had, everything else was unstable, and I don't have the patience to step-by-step the thing to a higher clock. 43x is good enough for me. It was also unstable kicking my memory to the full 1600mhz from 1333. I need to look into that one a bit more.

The good: speed of boots and installs. Surprisingly easy RAID 1 setup.

The bad: Having to re-find artwork for half my music collection in iTunes and now having to deal with eliminating duplicates for the entire collection in Windows Media Player. Installing Cygwin was a massive pain in the ass--took me about 8 total hours because it kept hanging on internet installs. Finally had to track down a package zip someplace, and I still had to find a missing dll.

I use Cygwin to keep the MUD I spent 10 years on and built more than half the world for going for when I want to check it out and roam around. Wouldn't feel right without access to that.

Because of these two problems, total transfer time was on order of 12 hours.

-Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                            I use Cygwin to keep the MUD I spent 10 years on and built more than half the world for going for when I want to check it out and roam around. Wouldn't feel right without access to that...
                            -Rand
                            Ahh... MUDs... they taught me how to type well and fast.
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhh............. so we're just the scape goats! wussyyy......

GET THAT DAMN TANK AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how it is. I've been thinking of ordering my next system from them also.
                              I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

No problems with the process, and delivery within promised window. Basic "pro" wiring isn't perfect because it was difficult to access additional SATA power connectors on the back side, but otherwise acceptable. The basic mouse and keyboard both blow, but they're 3 bucks each and you can't get rid of them anyway. So far, so good.

-Rand

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X