• Time
  • Show
Clear All

UO Trace

http://www.cainslair.com/guides.htm

===========

Download UO Trace: http://www.cainslair.com/uo.zip

Main UO Trace:

Run UOTrace. (If a pop-up box appears telling you 'UO Server List not found,' click No.)
    Click the Options menu at the top of the window and select Advanced.
    In the rectangular window where the server is listed, type in 'easo.ea.com'.
    Click the Trace Route button, which is the fourth button from the left.
    After the trace route has completed, click the Poll button, which is two buttons to the right of the Trace Route button.
    Let it send around 100 or so packets then click Stop Poll.
    Click Edit and select Copy.
    Click the Start button (Windows button for Microsoft Windows Vista) on the Windows Taskbar.
    Select All Programs.
    Select Accessories.
    Click Notepad.
    From the menu toolbar, click Edit and click Paste.
    From the menu toolbar, click File and click Save.
    Repeat steps 2 through 14 so that you have two separate files for us to compare and review.
    To send us your UOTrace reports, take a look at the instructions below:
    Log in to the EA Support Site with the EA Account associated with the support ticket in question.
    Click on the 'My Questions' link.
    You should see a list of all recent support tickets.
    Click on the support ticket linked to the UOTrace request.
    Click on the 'Update Question' button.
    A text field should appear, in this field please put UOTrace.
    Then click on the 'Browse' button and go to the location you saved the files. Click on 'Add another file' and do the same for the second file.
    Click on the 'Submit' button to update your support request.
    Last edited by Cain; 6 Oct 2013, 10:35 AM.

what does this do?

Comment

Using this program will allow you to find out exactly where the problem in your Internet connection is occurring.

It is a standard traceroute with which is usually done by command prompt. With the utility, it makes it easier to do. The utility was used for Ultima Online.

Poll1

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...nake/poll1.png

Comment

Since I got my newer/faster Internet, Ping Plotter is showing I have all sorts of packet loss on every single hop, whe I apparently do not...

I always used and loved this utility because it was always the closest to what actual gameplay performance was like.

I redownloaded it and tried it and it shows I have 0 packet loss where ping plotter is showing I have 50% packet loss...

Try this little utility it is the grandaddy of ping trace programs and apparently is still the best, and it is FREE.

Comment

Try this little utility it is the grandaddy of ping trace programs and apparently is still the best, and it is FREE.
          Yea, and you just cant beat free nowadays.

I did mine. Is this something EA needs or is this just something for personal info.
          Last edited by {CLR} Cobalt; 26 Sep 2011, 03:04 PM.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I'll want our folks to be doing more extensive testing on our servers and potential servers...

I might even build in the IPs to test..

Comment

What time of day are you using Ping-plotter?

I'd suggest at night around 10 am or later, if you haven't already.

I'll ask my friend about your DOCSIS 3.0. He spoke of the topic a few months back.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X