Video Card Question for BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Card Question for BF3

Currently i use a 8800GT overclocked(yes old but works wonders still)

My second computer uses 2 9700GT's but the processor is slower then the computer using my 8800GT, at the moment i can't afford a new video card
    I'm Wondering if i should remove a 9700GT and put it the PC with the faster processor

So far i can play BC2 fine with my 8800GT, i gotta turn down some settings mostly the ones I'm not paying to much attention to anyway like shadows or reflections of the water and so forth. I'm kinda wondering what you all would think...

Also i can always test between the two video cards but that's kinda a pain so thought i would ask first.

PC1- newer
    AMD Athlon64 II x2 250 3Ghz
    4GB Ram
    8800GT
    (Only one pci-e slot)

PC2- semi older
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ 2.61ghz
    2GB Ram
    2x 9700GT running in SLI mode

Both pc's i can swap the memory between the both, don't think i can swap the processors though

I'm an Intel and ATI man but 2 is always better than one, generally anyway ... but since bf3 will be using a fair amount of processing power I would suggest putting the 9700 in the pc with the faster processor. Maybe oc it if you know how
    sigpic

The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.

Comment

yeah thinking about doing that also, and yeah overclocking it won't be a issue

Comment

That or buy a new motherboard with 2 pci-e slots! to suit the processor
        sigpic

The sentence below is true.
        The sentence above is false.

Comment

I just pulled out my 8800 and put in a 560 and went from 3gb of ram to 8. I can see really solid improvement on Deus Ex and Civ 5. My BFBC2 ran really well with the old setup but I was getting some stutter on Deus Ex. I left the Q6600 quad processor in place.

Comment

BF3 runs peachy on my system:

AMD64 Phenom Triple Core 2.1 GHz
            4GB RAM
            Windows 7 64bit
            2x 8800GTS (in SLI - running the Beta Drivers 285.3

But I have little doubt that the SLI is what's letting that happen. I would guess that slamming as much RAM as you can into the slightly older PC would get you further along.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X