6970 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6970 again

I figured out why not many are available, and why they are so high priced yet.

IT'S BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTED ONE AND NOW THEY ARE IN SHORT SUPPLY.

I swear, I think they sold so many of em that the other models didnt sell that many. I see a lot of 6950's and others but not the 6970. So now they are holding back the distribution of this one so that they can sell the other ones.

Well, at least I've convinced myself that is the reason.

Heck, Newegg isnt even carrying the HIS IceQ model of that card anymore. They have the 6950 but not the other one.

I guess I'll never get one unless the prices come down on the other brands. Really wanted the HIS but guess I'll just have to wait.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

They can also be selling in other countries. If there is a higher profit margin they could be shipping there. This is happening with supply of Volvo's right now.

Comment

I sent my dead 6950 back to Newegg - I hope some pooor sap doesn't see it in the open box section and buy it.

I'm hoping the 'Egg has stock left for the Toxic 6950 so I can get a replacement card. I ordered most of the parts but without a video card, it isn't really a computer.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I got a 480 with your name on it WT

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
          I sent my dead 6950 back to Newegg - I hope some pooor sap doesn't see it in the open box section and buy it.

I'm hoping the 'Egg has stock left for the Toxic 6950 so I can get a replacement card. I ordered most of the parts but without a video card, it isn't really a computer.
          Bummer. Any idea when you are getting a replacement? I noticed they are still out of stock on Newegg.
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
            Bummer. Any idea when you are getting a replacement? I noticed they are still out of stock on Newegg.
            No idea at all. I got the last one 2 weeks ago when I ordered it, as it went out of stock as soon as I completed my order. It took me a week to get it tested and I then found out it was DOA. It went back to them on Monday, but I am not building until September 30 (took the day off so I could build it) so they have 2 weeks to restock and ship one to me.

I am intentionally waiting to order the case and HSF, as without them I won't get all antsy to build it. Hopefully the card is in my hands by then !!
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

is this what u want mr cobalt?

HIS IceQ H697QM2G2M Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161385

Comment

Well, Newegg issued me a refund on my 6950 since they had none in stock (AGAIN!!) I've never seen a piece of hardware so continually out of stock on their website. Dunno if its a sign for me to skip on AMD, or whether its just that damn good of a card.

I ordered the case last weekend as it had free shipping on it, but now without a card I am not going to be able to put together my build. I actually took off work on Sept. 30 to build it, so hopefully I can snatch one up on the 'Egg once they come back in stock.

PS - I did inquire as to why I couldn't just wait out the replacement, but I assume their policy is 'Once we receive the RMA, we will refund after 1 day of no replacement stock'.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X