Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low budget light gaming rig. Advice welcomed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the 1650 pro card from saphire... its a decent card. It runs hot as hell but it does play wow with maxed out settings and runs cod on lower settings.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
      Originally posted by WalkinTarget
      imlittlev, nice work on the parts list !! You and I think alike on many of those items. Did you get a total on the parts to compare to the CompGeeks rig ?
      I'm getting burned out on assembling rigs, so I was hoping for an easy build for a change, as I am assembling yet another rig for another customer, and this pre-built PC cut my build time down to nothing.

The good news is, I am almost out of spare parts lying around my work bench, so with the cupboards nearly bare, WT can take a break and deal with software only issues for a bit.

I'd guesstimate that I've built around 10 PCs since October, and thats from scratch as well, not just upgrading a part here and there.
      I've got new parts coming soon. Want to build mine? i'm sick and tired of doing it on a daily basis.

You Love it and you know it. :P

Walking Target check oyur PMs.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

imlittlev - since you did all the work, I went through and priced it out by component, arriving at $340 total after dropping the Sempron and going for an AMD X2 3600+. That's not a bad deal at all, so I will run it by the buyer and see what he thinks. This build offers better upgrade options, a LOT more RAM and a DVD burner, so we'll see what he says.

Duke, you sir, are a helluva generous guy. I've had a good year financially with all my side projects, but to see others chip in and help out when a forum friend needs some help shows why we have a special group of gamers, and I'm glad to call this my gaming home for .. oh geez, about 6+ years now. I wish I would have gotten on the forums sooner, but I was too busy playing UT '99 to check out the forums.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

i was going to pick x2 3600 (it looks awesome dual core, minimal power consumption, heck of a lot faster than sempron), but i was trying to save some money on that list

*not much else to do at 1 am , i had some fun looking at the low-budget end of the computer spectrum

Comment

Here is a pic of your new cards.

I need to search for a box and I should have them out sometime today. I am glad that Blackarrow's cards live on.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
              Here is a pic of your new cards.

I need to search for a box and I should have them out sometime today. I am glad that Blackarrow's cards live on.
              requirement for this donation should be he signs up on the forums. keeping them in the family.

Comment

LoL, Darth ... I dunno 'bout that. Remember, he and his wife are adopting from Guatemala as well, so I doubt he gets any time for years to come to play anything, much less sign up here.

I actually will try and use the second card for another build that is all done other than the video card. I was going to pull the 9800Pro from my wife's PC and put that in there, but I may just use the second 6800 for that rig.

Unfortunately, it will be playing 'The Sims'
                That's such a sad way to end a card's career in gaming ... sort of like neutering a bull mastiff and then setting him loose in a pen full of hot french poodle b_tches ...

Ohhh, BTW, I haven't called the guy yet to see if he wants to go with the build yet ... if I wait a bit longer, the HP unit may be offsale or OOS, then I can tell him he has no choice .. WE MUST BUILD IT !!!

Thanks again to imlittlev for the detailed list and again to Duke for his generosity. Donations and money orders will be taken care of tomorrow.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

It's a nice retirement for those cards. I will be shipping them FedEx because I get %75 off.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X