Norton PC Checkup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norton PC Checkup

Okay, I've heard friends and some neighbors complaining about this program that I think comes pre-installed on certain computers or laptops ie Toshiba, etc

Apparently, if a virus is detected by this tool, it pops up on the screen, just plain annoying the user, because they can't close it out, unless they purchase a Norton product.

Meaning, they'd rather be working with an infected system as opposed to getting it protected. And usually these computers come pre-installed with a trial ver. of Norton (like 60 days), when time runs out, they get a nag screen pop up.

Some say that Norton shouldn't be dictating being their salvation and should have the right to choose when they want their systems cleaned.

And that this is a marketing ploy to practically force users to make a purchase.

Agree, disagree?

IF you don't want it on your system, you can just uninstall it...
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

This sounds a LOT like the suit Microsoft went throught with Explorer. Uninstall the program if you dont want it imo.

I think it was Netscape navigator that sued them stating anti trust or some such thing because explorer came pre loaded with windows. I dont remember the resolution for sure but think Netscape ended up winning the law suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Legion181 View Post
        This sounds a LOT like the suit Microsoft went throught with Explorer. Uninstall the program if you dont want it imo.

I think it was Netscape navigator that sued them stating anti trust or some such thing because explorer came pre loaded with windows. I dont remember the resolution for sure but think Netscape ended up winning the law suit.
        and because of the suit IE can now be uninstalled.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X