Ram issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram issue

on my older rig (the new one has now replaced it but i use it so my mates can play on it and my Gf can use it and so forth) i have a ram issue... it has 4G of corsair 1600hz xmp ram.. and a 1g graphics card now when its not doing much the ram sits around 60 percent (high i think..) and when it has eg. black ops, firefox and steam running it will easily reach 98% im not sure whats going on but it never used to do this.. i always stayed below 60% even with heaps of stuff running ive looked in the process and there is nothing that catchs the eye to what is using so much ram at idle.... anyone got any ideas?
    sigpic

The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.

I would look at the Windows Task Manager to see what is consuming so much memory.
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

i have i cant seem to find anything that is a major consumer or even heaps of little ones... i had a look for hidden ones with process hacker but come up empty.. is it possible the ram is on its way out?
      sigpic

Comment

Ram doesn't fail that way. Usually it works and then bam it doesn't and you know it. What OS are you running. A couple of things

Disable superfetch service
        Recreate your paging file

Comment

Win 7
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Win 7 is a ram whore. It likes to page ram for future use.

My 6 Month old laptop does the same thing, 2 minutes after startup its eating 50%+ ram.

Comment

Ok thanks donzi
                sigpic

Comment

Well, no. It shouldn't use 4 Gigs. No matter how much you have running, you simply won't exceed 4GB. Windows in itself uses a max of 1.5GB. It hangs around 1GB in Ultimate.

Does it show the whole 4GBs in your control panel? Maybe they all died and only 1 is left alive. Check your System Info for how much USABLE RAM you have.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                    Well, no. It shouldn't use 4 Gigs. No matter how much you have running, you simply won't exceed 4GB. Windows in itself uses a max of 1.5GB. It hangs around 1GB in Ultimate.

Does it show the whole 4GBs in your control panel? Maybe they all died and only 1 is left alive. Check your System Info for how much USABLE RAM you have.
                    i checked it says there is 3996Mb of ram and 98 percent is being used but the processes dont add up? could it be malware or something?
                    sigpic

Comment

maybe, try running malwarebytes.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X