X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next time I'm hanging out a a cafe with a latop

I'm gonna try this

Firesheep

When logging into a website you usually start by submitting your username and password. The server then checks to see if an account matching this information exists and if so, replies back to you with a "cookie" which is used by your browser for all subsequent requests.
    It's extremely common for websites to protect your password by encrypting the initial login, but surprisingly uncommon for websites to encrypt everything else. This leaves the cookie (and the user) vulnerable. HTTP session hijacking (sometimes called "sidejacking") is when an attacker gets a hold of a user's cookie, allowing them to do anything the user can do on a particular website. On an open wireless network, cookies are basically shouted through the air, making these attacks extremely easy.

This is a widely known problem that has been talked about to death, yet very popular websites continue to fail at protecting their users. The only effective fix for this problem is full end-to-end encryption, known on the web as HTTPS or SSL. Facebook is constantly rolling out new "privacy" features in an endless attempt to quell the screams of unhappy users, but what's the point when someone can just take over an account entirely? Twitter forced all third party developers to use OAuth then immediately released (and promoted) a new version of their insecure website. When it comes to user privacy, SSL is the elephant in the room.
    http://codebutler.com/firesheep

No one touches mah cookies!
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

hahaha i used to do this in starbucks :P
      i hijacked a girls facebook and wrote on her status: "I'm the starbucks ghost and i took over your status". she would change her message everytime and stood up and said WTF is going on!?

my friends do this too... at local cafes/starbucks/coffeebeans..
      they change everyones status. lol and people flip.

Comment

lol creepin

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
          hahaha i used to do this in starbucks :P
          i hijacked a girls facebook and wrote on her status: "I'm the starbucks ghost and i took over your status". she would change her message everytime and stood up and said WTF is going on!?

my friends do this too... at local cafes/starbucks/coffeebeans..
          they change everyones status. lol and people flip.
          I change the status of their credit rating

Comment

Originally posted by k Phantom View Post
            i Change The Status Of Their Credit Rating :d
            Lol

Comment

btw if you are worried about this you can set facebook to only use https
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X