Absolute best price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute best price

Ok boys and girls. I'm gonna need a new vid card for BF3. Poor old GTX 275 that Dukey Duke sold me is just about done with what it can do with the newer games. Been a good card, but she's old and tired. Kinda like Apache. But we can talk about that later.

So where is the absolute best price on an Nvidia 570. I know there are a lot of guys that have got good deals, but I haven bought a vid card in so long, I figured you guys could help me out. I've looked at all the usual suspects like newegg and the like but I thought there might be some obscure out of the way site that I havent heard about that might have good prices.

ps: I offered Phan $50 bucks for his old 480 but havent heard back from him. I know, I know, it's a bit too much but Phan is my friend and I thought I'd help him out a bit on the price.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

You can have my 480 for $200 bucks. I bought it for way, way, way more. It's really really hot. I reached 93C on BF3 Alpha.

Comment

Kinda like Apache. But we can talk about that later.
      You are older than I.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        You can have my 480 for $200 bucks. I bought it for way, way, way more. It's really really hot. I reached 93C on BF3 Alpha.
        93C !?!?!? How did your card not melt?

Colbalt I got my 570 on Amazon for 299.99 free two day shipping $40 rebate included.
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

i know its not a 570 but
          ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 and NVIDIA Just Cause 2 & Mafia 2 Game Coupon and NVIDIA Dungeon Siege-III FREE Game Promo Bundle at TigerDirect.com
          its only $99

Comment

Here is an EVGA superclocked version that will have a limited lifetime warranty. $299.00 after MIR, Free shipping also.

Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I don't know if you are going to get much below the $300.00 mark theses days.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

93c..man that just dropped the price to $40.. and thats a stretch right there.

You ever thought about puttin a cooler on it. They make em you know.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

That is a normal temp for a 480 according to EVGA and I Phantom keeps it under his name that you can use his warranty if a problem arises. The key to using those cards is to adjust a fan profile which makes them loud.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Phan, what kind of fps do you get in BF3. At what resolution.

Comment

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
                    19832, 348791, 32, 104, 56.859

At 1080p auto.

Very smooth game. I don't wanna sell it now

Comment

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
                      19832, 348791, 32, 104, 56.859

At 1080p auto.

Very smooth game. I don't wanna sell it now
                      WOW! Those are really good frame rates for the 480. Wonder what dual 570s would get in Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                        Here is an EVGA superclocked version that will have a limited lifetime warranty. $299.00 after MIR, Free shipping also.

Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I don't know if you are going to get much below the $300.00 mark theses days.
                        And you really cant beat 2 day free shipping with amazon

Comment

Comments from peanut gallery:

EVGA is one of those rare video card manufacturers who usually get top-ratings on Newegg. That's worth a a little extra.

If $300 is okay, then you're on the right track. Otherwise, the cheaper, slower 560Ti is pretty good for $210 (with rebate).

Comment

Cobalt, I just ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supercloc...1709790&sr=8-1

Comment

I checked out the reviews and I dont know if it was just sour grapes or what, but there were quite a few that had problems with EVGA 570's. Dont want to rain on anyone's parade but they mentioned something about that card (the 570) having problems with manufacturing or something like that. Maybe just a bad batch. Cant say. I'm gonna do some more research on it.

I read some of the reviews of other brands but they all seemed favorable. But overall I think that there are more EVGA's sold than the others so margin for bad cards increases. I'll wait and see what I can find out.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X