Building a Budget Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
    The deposit should only be given back if he can find someone to take the computer for the same price. It is what the price of work you had to do.
    i know..but my nice side of me wants to give his money back.. lol and pissed off side wants to do what Silent just said now..

well im heading home now and ill post pictures and probably a video later... :]

Comment

In my business, Jewelry, deposits on special orders are non refundable if parts are ordered. And the deposits usually are the actual cost of the items.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

IMO the deposit is yours. You ordered the parts for him in good faith and he backed out. Now you have a lot of extra hardware on hand that you don't really need.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
          i know..but my nice side of me wants to give his money back.. lol and pissed off side wants to do what Silent just said now..

well im heading home now and ill post pictures and probably a video later... :]

keeping the deposit is honest and nice IMO

Comment

All my Items (sorry i accidently resized it and it got messed up)

The Process has Begun!

The Graphic Card

Front Panel:

Inside the Rig:

Side View:

i just got done doing the cable management.. was playing BC2 earlier but the EA servers went down

Comment

Thats nice.

Can you get to the back of the motherboard tray incase an aftermarket cooler uses a backplate?

Comment

That's a nice clean build, it's worth much more then the value of it's parts.

Maybe we could do some kind of 50 50 raffle to raise some $$ for the Lair.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                  That's a nice clean build, it's worth much more then the value of it's parts.

Maybe we could do some kind of 50 50 raffle to raise some $$ for the Lair.
                  Or at least just donate the money for the deposit to the charity of your choice.

Can you give a build cost for the computer and how many hours you spent on it. Even if you enjoy building it, it makes sense to include your hours spent to see the value in it.

Then we can see cost and compare to a product that comes built from a store.

Did you take time to overclock the computer?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                    Or at least just donate the money for the deposit to the charity of your choice.

Can you give a build cost for the computer and how many hours you spent on it. Even if you enjoy building it, it makes sense to include your hours spent to see the value in it.

Then we can see cost and compare to a product that comes built from a store.

Did you take time to overclock the computer?
                    no, i havent OC the comp yet.
                    the parts took 3 days to ship.
                    it took me about 4hrs to build and 1hr to do the cable management.
                    ive left it overnight to do a stress test w/ Prime 95, New heaven and memtest.
                    currently still running memtest.

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
                      Thats nice.

Can you get to the back of the motherboard tray incase an aftermarket cooler uses a backplate?
                      no, i have to take the Mobo off the rear panel and take off all the bolts/ plugs.
                      now i have a home for it.
                      just brought it back from my friends place. (thats where we built it)

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X