Windows drivers? self or WU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows drivers? self or WU...

Well i'm redoing my pc, proper wipe and reinstall....

Anyway, i was wondering for those with win7...

do you let windows handle your drivers? or do you do it all manually.

previously i had used WU to just get what ever was on offer.
    I'm just gonna go down the same route unless its better to do them all by hand.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

I let Windows do it most of the time.

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I usually try to find drivers from the manufacturer, especially for chipset, video, and audio.
      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

yeah, most updates, just let windows handle, but i do not trust the automation to go to the right place when it comes to the things Dead listed.

Comment

I only download the Graphics drivers. Windows does a great job at downloading drivers for my printer and other devices.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
            I only download the Graphics drivers. Windows does a great job at downloading drivers for my printer and other devices.
            I'm with Phan on this one. Only thing I watch out for is the GPU. I havent loaded anything that it suggested for the video. I already burnt up my laptop card with drivers that didnt work. Dont want this thing going down that road too.

But the other stuff has been ok.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X