Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
    Someone is [H]ard
    Are you suggesting WT's choice in graphics card got you [H]ard? You are disturbing.

Comment

Wife wants explanations for all these boxes showing up at regular intervals at the house, so I told her I was buying parts to fix customer PCs, which is partially true.

She knew I was upgrading, but my budget which was initially $700 and has now swelled to $1100, but I got a lot of higher end stuff than I have in the past too.

Hey, look at the bright side, I didn't get greedy and order 2 of 'em !!
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Finally got around to giving the 6950 card a try. Out went the GTX280 and in went the Toxic. It was essentially to test the card in my existing rig before I get around to ordering the rest of the parts - still waiting on some price drops before buying more.

Aaaaaaaand ... its not working. Fan spins up to 100% and stays there, I hear a few beeps from the board and no display. Thinking I had it not seated in the PCIe slot, I tried it again. Same thing. I then plugged it into a spare rig, making sure that both the 6 and 8 pin power leas were snug, but I received the same results.

Oh well, back to Newegg tomorrow for a replacement RMA.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Just ordered a Zotac GTX580 for my build. All parts but the video card are in my grubby hands, so the build commences tomorrow. I took the day off to build it, as I am sure I will encounter the usual upgrade headaches.

I can post some pics, but only have my crappy Blackberry to take them, so don't expect much.

Comment

Since you are building this machine you should come play BF3 with us.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X