interesting comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting comparison

Radeon HD 5770 vs Radeon HD 6770 1GB Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

this compares a 2 year old 5770 to a brand new 6770. they are almost identical save a bunch of cash.

i have found this site to be great for comparing A to B. They seem to have almost any match up imaginable. well, thats within reason.

Only issue is as they state, they use 'listed specs' to calculate and work these out.

Now what you have to keep in mind is the design and architecure of the chips and boards involved also play a factor into how each of these cards will perform under any condition.

Since the 5770 its possible that the chip has been refined more, pathways shortend, widened, and improved upon.

Prime example is nVidia, they used to be good for releasing day after day a new chipset.
    The only differnece between them was the design of the actual core chipset at nm level.
    A small change in the actual chips design and pathways can make a HUGE difference.

Its not how thick a rope is, its how its woven that keeps it from snapping.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Well in this case they bench pretty much the same. Just looked at toms hardware charts and the 5770 and 6770 are withing 1% of eachother give or take depending on the benchmark used.

Nice to see nvidia isnt the only ones guilty of rebranding something

You can find 6770 at same price range as the 5770, but honestly wth would you want with such a low range card?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X