Nothing Displaying of Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Displaying of Monitor

I'm really hoping this is something simple I'm missing, but I'm at a loss here.

I've tried 2 video cards and purchased 1 with no avail. I'm doing changes to my system, and when I power on, it's as if the monitor is not finding anything 'No Input Display" is shown. (or something like that)

Its as if the monitor is not detecting a signal, I tried a 2nd and 3rd Monitor, still nothing.

I've tried 2 different motheboards, still nothing.

Someone mentioned something about it being the RAM, but I think you don't even have to have RAM installed to at least something come up on the screen even the BIOS display.

ALL connections are done properly, even switched back and forth between PCI Express slots

And yes, it's all plugged in.

Anyone? I'm at a loss here, I just need something to see on the screen.

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY {CLR} View Post
    I'm really hoping this is something simple I'm missing, but I'm at a loss here.

I've tried 2 video cards and purchased 1 with no avail. I'm doing changes to my system, and when I power on, it's as if the monitor is not finding anything 'No Input Display" is shown. (or something like that)

Its as if the monitor is not detecting a signal, I tried a 2nd and 3rd Monitor, still nothing.

I've tried 2 different motheboards, still nothing.

Someone mentioned something about it being the RAM, but I think you don't even have to have RAM installed to at least something come up on the screen even the BIOS display.

ALL connections are done properly, even switched back and forth between PCI Express slots

And yes, it's all plugged in.

Anyone? I'm at a loss here, I just need something to see on the screen.
    Yes I would re seat the ram first. Do you have a speaker hooked up to the MB? If you do it might beep. The series of beeps are an error code. you can look in you MB manual to find out what the error code is.

Comment

Bad RAM can cause strange issues so it cant hurt to check that out. If you have more then one stick of RAM try using one stick at a time. I would also try a different VGA cord if it was the same one you used with all the monitors that you tried.

And like Mapes said look for some sort of MB error code.

Good luck it seems like bear of an issue.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
        Bad RAM can cause strange issues so it cant hurt to check that out. If you have more then one stick of RAM try using one stick at a time. I would also try a different VGA cord if it was the same one you used with all the monitors that you tried.

good points all. You know I'm dating my self with the error beep codes. I forgot some MB's actually have a two digit LED which should show an error code number

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
          good points all. You know I'm dating my self with the error beep codes. I forgot some MB's actually have a two digit LED which should show an error code number
          I was just thinking about this the other day when I noticed that the one I bought for my friends build does not have a error code LED. My other high end build do have them so oyu can tell I'm a noob to the game. I guess I will install the speaker that comes with it in case I ever have to help him troubleshoot it.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Power Supply?????

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEATH[GoD]Gen View Post
              Power Supply?????
              My thought as well.
              [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
              <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
                My thought as well.
                Already tried a 2nd power supply, can't be it.

Changed out diff. RAM, even filled Ram Bays complete with all Ram. Everything pretty much the same hardware arrangement as before.

I get confused on to where to put those stupid tiny wire plug-ins for the HDD lights/ speakers/ etc.....I just plug in what matters (like the Power switch) Even reading manual, I don't know how those wires go together, some are individual plugs to 3/4 prong (female) plugs

I think I might've took crap apart, and now I don't know how to put it all back together again (Humpty Dumpty situation, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post

Can't switch out VGA cords, they're permanently affixed to the flat screen/LCD Monitors

I even tried it with a CRT old monitor, with no success.

Comment

What video card are you useing,and whats the watt of the power supply....Some cards have a min of watts,you need for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEATH[GoD]Gen View Post
                      What video card are you useing,and whats the watt of the power supply....Some cards have a min of watts,you need for it to work.
                      Doesn't matter, used the same cards with the same Thermal Take 480W as before...and bought a new 8400 GS.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_VOHXL8dU

I actually made a video here....not really great quality, but just to give you a visual.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLPHDBPT4A

Some more footage of my electrics expertise.

Comment

Hook up your post speaker........

On the case of the speaker plug positions. Just move the pins around. Use the motherboard manual to find out what pin is + and - and move the pins. Use a really small screwdriver or a razor to lift the clip and pull the pin out gently and move it over to the needed spot.

Your system will not post without ram.
                            The boards do a pretest before they post and if the ram is missing they wont post.
                            Just use one stick.

Your system will also not post without that 4 pin power above and to the left of the CPU, it provides power to the CPU. Its written in the A8N SLI premium manual I have..... And it also needs the other 4 pins on the power supply cable.
                            There are 20 to 24 pin adapters.

There is also a 4 pin molex but you dont need that unless you are using SLI.

Sincerely

ITT-Tech Student

Comment

I was going to suggest trying a different VGA/DVI cord but that's been covered.

But i want to ask, what kind of monitor has a fixed VGA cord? I haven't seen that since my first few CRT monitors 15+ years ago lol.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X