• Show
Clear All

GLOBALFOUNDRIES - Building Fab 8

Kyle gave us a [H]ard tour of GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8

Oh and @ 1:28, you know he's union

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izea72ojj3s

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
    Oh and @ 1:28, you know he's union
    Pretty amazing! Oh, and I sure wouldn't want to spend that much on a structure built by non-union labor!

Comment

Good watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        Pretty amazing! Oh, and I sure wouldn't want to spend that much on a structure built by non-union labor!
        If it was built by non-union you would probably would have been in the same structure built for a lot less.

Comment

Unions of and by themselves are not good or evil. In a company that is abusive towards it's workforce, a union can do a lot of good. On the other hand a union that is extremely powerful tends to become corrupt and abusive towards the company and could care less about what is best for the survival of the company and are only concerned with preserving their power base.
          Unions work best when they and the company have mutual respect and are willing to work together for what is best for the company and it's employees.
          I have been on both ends of this situation.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have seen it where a company treats it's employees like dirt while saying how much they care about them. Those employees could have used a union. I also see local unions go on strike about every 18 months when they think it is unfair that they have to pay a cent for health care and meanwhile hold $50 an hour jobs. *cough* Boeing Machinists *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              On the other hand a union that is extremely powerful tends to become corrupt and abusive towards the company and could care less about what is best for the survival of the company and are only concerned with preserving their power base.
              Apache
              That sums Royal Mail, and British Airways workers to a T. I'll never ever fly BA again. The cabin crew just cannot be trusted to not ruin your flight/holiday. Pretty sure they've striked at least 6 times since the recession started, and another one is planned sometime soon iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Unions of and by themselves are not good or evil. In a company that is abusive towards it's workforce, a union can do a lot of good. On the other hand a union that is extremely powerful tends to become corrupt and abusive towards the company and could care less about what is best for the survival of the company and are only concerned with preserving their power base.
                +1
                [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

a lil update:
                  I cant wait for one of those things to have a accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SCskPV00kU

looks like the days of bunny suit is gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvt65mHXmR4

Comment

Funny videos!

I work in a fab. The OHV's (Overhead Vehicles) are pretty reliable. When they fail they don't result in wafer breaks. It usually means they just stop moving.

Not sure why he's not wearing a bunny suit. I guess they don't need to be in a cleanroom environment. I don't think the mini-environments inside of the lot boxes are good enough to be particle-free without the cleanroom component.

What's funny is how the videos make it seem like it's all next generation technology. I've already been working around this stuff for 5 years, and the new Fab 42 being constructed at my site in Chandler, AZ is going to take the tech to the next level.

To me that video is like talking about the new technology called VHS tapes.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X