an almost laughable request....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an almost laughable request....

any of you guys happen to have an old socket 939(AMD) motherboard laying around? mine went out today. I have two rigs, this one that i am currently typing on( just supposed to be for gaming) and the old rig which i use for internet, playing music, basically everything but gaming.

I looked on newegg, cant find any old 939 motherboards laying around. I dont game on it, so i dont need anything fancy, just something to slap my RAM and CPU into. I have an old AGP 6600 in it, so id need an AGP slot, or on board video. unless you had some old card in it that you were also willing to part with.

Let me know if you guys have any and the price you'd like for it.

Bummer, I don't but someone may.

You might try EBay.

Comment

ahh, damn. i have an extra mobo for a core 2 duo
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Looking around i see a few for sale around 60-70$, but id like to pay about half that or less since its so old and "dinosaur like". But beggars cant be choosers. im already going through lack of dualing computers at the same desk withdrawl, lol.

Hard to stare at forums and game at same time on single machine lol

Comment

I have an MSI MS-7125 but I use it, in my store, for my point of sale System. I had two others but, I think I sent them to WT.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            I have an MSI MS-7125 but I use it, in my store, for my point of sale System. I had two others but, I think I sent them to WT.
            Apache
            then you dont really have it do you :P

Comment

Maybe WT still has one.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Maybe WT still has one.
                Apache
                Gone many moons ago. You know me .. I rotate stock faster than Walmart. I actually have a DFI LanParty Ultra D 939 setup that is getting pulled any day now, but its PCIe only. It is a stunner to see what the 939 X2 chips bring on Ebay, with 4800+ chips fetching $70+ currently.
                I tossed it up on CraigsList about 2 months ago and not a single email on it

http://york.craigslist.org/sys/2164195735.html
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

jusr sent you a PM, go ahead and disregard that lol

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                    jusr sent you a PM, go ahead and disregard that lol
                    Just got a PM, I can go ahead and disregard that !

Doesn't mean I am not looking tho !! Compgeeks get some in occasionally, but they are refurbs. I have a dead Foxconn 939 that I bought from those jerks that never worked. I got it with a 15 day warranty and was unable to test it in that time frame. I still hold onto it hoping that it will magically cure itself someday, but I know its toast.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

i can only assume its my mobo, i thought it was a bad power supply. but i cant really tell. comp just shut down.

I noticed 1 fan on PSU was toast, so i tried a known working but 100W smaller, and when i hit the power button, it sounded like a gun shot!!! so i turned off, replaced fan in old PSU, put it in, stuff fires up(cpu fan, HDD) but i get no video, no beep.

I am going to guess mobo, but again, cant test without one.
                      Last edited by Infamous; 17 Jan 2011, 08:37 AM. Reason: holy crap i type bad!!!!

Comment

You opened up a PSU? You're a braver man than I.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                          You opened up a PSU? You're a braver man than I.
                          there was surprisingly little in there. some cicuitry and some wires anf two fans. Oddlt, at least i thoght so, one fan hard wired in, the other fan was a 2 prong clip. of course the one that went out was the hard wired one.

Comment

Well, I would see if you could pick up an in-store bundle from MicroCenter if you are anywhere near one:

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/...ndlePROMO.html

An MSI 785 board with a Phenom X2 560 for $100 is a good deal if you currently use DDR2 and can re-use that and other parts.

Otherwise, you could buy the DFI board from me. I turned down two lowball offers already, but I have an Asus AM2+ board to replace the DFI already, so if you are interested, let me know.
                            I'd go option #1 if I were you, since it offers up a new board with a Black Edition CPU that is quite a beefy chip for the price.

Comment

B A MF'er...
                              thats me. and the first two letter do not stand for Bad ass, lol. if you turned down two lowball offers, im not even going to bother, and 100$ while sure, a good deal, i can not touch. Between barely working, child support, and my bills, i have noting left to me name. coming up with 20-30 bucks to buy crap off craigslist used is tough.

good to know though, i guess if i cant buy a new mobo, thats my next bet..... I really want to just buy a new rig, turn this dual core im on into my "internet rig" and have a new gaming rig, but if i cant get 100$ together, i most certainly get 3-5x that.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X