Itunes in game purchases.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itunes in game purchases.

Yesterday I awoke to an email on my phone that had a two receipts from the Itunes store. Theses are usually some games my son has bought and may add up to $10.00 in this case the total was a whopping $261.75. It was several in game purchases where my son had bought thing for a virtual dog. How the hell can you justify this amount of money for this..

After cursing Steve Jobs I took a deep breath and started a chat session with an Itunes employee and although she was nice she was unable to handle the issue so she gave a link to the email help. Here is my email

My son just put $116.57 for some touch pet dogs download on my account. I can't fathom why something like this would add up to this amount especially something for kids. I would like to cancel this. I also plan on filing a complaint with the better business bureau if this is not resolved. Here is some information form the receipt.
    And the reply.

Dear Duke,

I understand your son made some purchases on your account. I can certainly appreciate your desire for a refund. My name is Susan and I am happy to look into this for you today.

I checked your account and it looks like these purchases as well as a number of purchases on order xxxxxxxxx were purchased from within the application Touch Pets Dogs 2" on your device. This is called an "in-app purchase". For information on this type of purchase, check out this article:

iTunes Store: About in-app purchases
    iTunes Store: About in app purchases

I am pleased to tell you that I have reversed these charges. In three to five business days, a credit of $261.75 should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.

I want to make you aware that this is a one-time exception, as the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions state that all sales are final.

If you would like to prevent in-app purchases from being made in the future, you can block them on your iOS device. Follow these steps:

1) Tap Settings on your device's home screen.

2) Tap General.

3) Tap Restrictions.

4) If necessary, tap Enable Restrictions and enter a passcode. This passcode will prevent restrictions from being disabled without your permission.

5) Scroll down to the Allowed Content section. Switch the In-App Purchases option to OFF. Enter your Restrictions passcode if prompted.

Thank you Eric for being a valued iTunes Store customer and have a great day!

Warmest regards,

Susan
    iTunes Store Customer Support
    I'm quite happy with the result but I'm not taking any of the nasty things I said about the Jobs.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Dude, that is messed up, seriously. What exactly was bought to add up to that? You can get 3-4 real dogs for that at the shelter or adoption centers.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
      Dude, that is messed up, seriously. What exactly was bought to add up to that? You can get 3-4 real dogs for that at the shelter or adoption centers.

-Rand
      Here are the line items form the reccipts. I have not been home to check out these aps yet so I'm not too sure what they entail.

1 Touch Pets Dogs 2, Bones - BUNCH, Seller: ngmoco, Inc.
      Report a Problem $4.99
      2 Touch Pets Dogs 2, Bones - BUNCH, Seller: ngmoco, Inc.
      Report a Problem $4.99
      3 Touch Pets Dogs 2, Bones - BARREL, Seller: ngmoco, Inc.
      Report a Problem $99.99
      Subtotal: $109.97
      Tax: $6.60
      Order Total: $116.57

1 Spider-Man: Total Mayhem, v1.0.0, Seller: Gameloft (9+)
      Write a Review Report a Problem $6.99
      2 Touch Pets Dogs 2, Bones - BAG, Seller: ngmoco, Inc.
      Report a Problem $9.99
      3 Touch Pets Dogs 2, Coins - PARCEL, Seller: ngmoco, Inc.
      Report a Problem $19.99
      4 Touch Pets Dogs 2, Coins - TRUNK, Seller: ngmoco, Inc.
      Report a Problem $99.99
      Subtotal: $136.96
      Tax: $8.22
      Order Total: $145.18
      It looks like it was some sort of in game currency that my son thought were as make believe as the dogs were.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!

Comment

Lol, I just went through this with my daughter. She purchased a drum of virtual catnip for $99.99.

*Edit*
        The app my daughter purchased this on was "Touch Pets Cats"
        Last edited by Devilguns; 13 Dec 2010, 07:04 PM.
        Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Contracts with minors are not leagaly binding. If you sell something to a minor with out the parental permission you can be forced to refund the money.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            Contracts with minors are not leagaly binding. If you sell something to a minor with out the parental permission you can be forced to refund the money.
            Apache
            It seems like the business model of this company is to encourage minors to do purchases like this. Seems shady.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X