Zip ties....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zip ties....

Didn't know one zip ties can stop my build process. Doing a little mock up before going into the case and installing the CPU heatsink. Cant put in in the case untill I get one more zip tie installed. And I cant find a single spare zip tie! I guess I'll wait to finish this tomorrow.

On top of that, the more I think about it, I may have install the fan the wrong way.

It looks as though you are off to a great start but WTH not enough zip ties????

In some applications you can take the ends of clipped ones and reuse them by putting a used end on first then insert the tie then put another end on, you can even add washers in certain uses.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

lol Those saved me a few times. But I threw alway all the old clipped zip ties away.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
        lol Those saved me a few times. But I threw alway all the old clipped zip ties away.
        Check your PSU boxes. I always find spare ones in there.

Comment

Hardware stores carry them too.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
            Check your PSU boxes. I always find spare ones in there.
            How you know I have PSU boxes lying around.
            I cant remember seening extra zipties. I remember seening "wireties" lol I'll see when I open them up

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            Hardware stores carry them too.
            Apache
            went to the local Ace hardwarestore and bought me a pack of zip ties. I even put a dab of Brush-on Electrical Tape where the wires touch the heatsink. The heatsink edge was sharp enough to rub on the wires. They weren't pinch or cut through, but it was something that I notice that I had to address.

And a heatsink from Enzotech MOS-C1 Newegg.com - Enzotech MOS-C1 C1100 Forged Copper Heatsinks only Planing on doing the GTX 460 vrm mod. Hopefully it will prevent me from having what some of these GTS 450 GTX 460 been getting

Comment

Did he just zip tie a fan onto the north bridge? What the hell, man.

Comment

Caddy i got about 1000 of them in my kit box should have said.
                I'd have poped over with one...

Might have taken a while and cost you 600x more than at the local store.
                But you'd get quality black ties, pressed in china, packed in the uk and handed to you by a scot!!!!

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                  Did he just zip tie a fan onto the north bridge? What the hell, man.
                  Well it was between Asus or EVGA and I choose EVGA for their quality, warranty, and their small team interact with the community in the EVGA.com forums. (Wanna say thank's to Duke for showing me the EVGA fourms in another one of my topics) cant say about that on the ASUS forums. Only fourms members help each other and thats if they are active.

Its not to say EVGA mobos are trouble free cause they have their shares of problems too. But in a non perfect world. All brands will have some sort of issues. Thats how I found out these heatsink is all looks and no play Some people explain that the northbridge can get 78c and when they install a fan, some had a 20 degrees c drop. My Classified mobo is showing 64-68c currently so As soon as I can, I'll add a fan in there too.

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
                  Caddy i got about 1000 of them in my kit box should have said.
                  I'd have poped over with one...

Might have taken a while and cost you 600x more than at the local store.
                  But you'd get quality black ties, pressed in china, packed in the uk and handed to you by a scot!!!!

Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep that in mind when I need to over night some zipties

Comment

Check the PSU boxes yet? Corsair have always been good with me.

How noisy is that teeny weeny fan going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      Check the PSU boxes yet? Corsair have always been good with me.

How noisy is that teeny weeny fan going to be?
                      About those zipties.....Whoa... Where they came from. As for the fan. Its actually quite when I plug one of them in to a 4 pin connector. I bought 2 of em

Newegg.com - EVERCOOL FAN-EC4010M12CA 40mm Case Fan

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X