Changed Cooler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed Cooler.

I decided to ditch the Zalman Reserator. It performed great and looked cool but was such a hassle to carry around. So after a lot of reading around and internal debate lol, I decided on the Zalman CNPS9900R Max.

Sorry for the lousy cell phone pics:

Performs a few degrees celcius better than the reserator, and actually feels lighter than the Zalman water block too.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

That thing looks huge.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I get my CoolerMaster 212+ tonight !!! Curious to see how that does compared to the Zalman, altho for under $30 it can't be beat in the best bang for the buck category.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
        I decided to ditch the Zalman Reserator. It performed great and looked cool but was such a hassle to carry around. So after a lot of reading around and internal debate lol, I decided on the Zalman CNPS9900R Max.

Sorry for the lousy cell phone pics:

Performs a few degrees celcius better than the reserator, and actually feels lighter than the Zalman water block too.
        Nice fan. I had one similar back in my AMD Phenom 9950 days. It was the Zalman 9700nt I was happy with it. But near the setup end of life, the Zalman ball bearings made a rattle noise during startup and then got quite. I think it needed some lube or something lol.

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
        I get my CoolerMaster 212+ tonight !!! Curious to see how that does compared to the Zalman, altho for under $30 it can't be beat in the best bang for the buck category.
        Mine came in yesterday One reason I got this was that its smaller compare to the other top brands. I hate the fact that they are huge, take up alot of room and some even takes up the mobo ram slots.

Comment

Caddy, are you going with a push/pull setup or just sticking with the included fan ? They can also be mounted in a north/south direction instead of the typical east/west setup.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-review-6.html

I briefly thought about a Corsair H50, but wanted to keep this build budget as low as possible.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
            That thing looks huge.

Lol I'm trying to compensate for having a small motherboard with a really big fan lol.

I lucked out that there is no north bridge (or south bridge for that matter) on that particular mobo. It allowed the cpu socket to be moved down very far. Not one ram slot is blocked, and the motherboard on top still sticks out pass the 135mm fan.

I did make paper models from the measurements off Zalmans site to make sure it fit before I bought it lol.

If your cpu socket is mounted high i can see where you can run into problems with this particular cooler.

Its big but I think the pics make it look bigger than it is.

I cant wait until after the holidays to get my micro atx case.

Comment

Caddy, are you going with a push/pull setup or just sticking with the included fan ? They can also be mounted in a north/south direction instead of the typical east/west setup.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-review-6.html

I briefly thought about a Corsair H50, but wanted to keep this build budget as low as possible.
              I'm just going with a push. Nothing fancy really. If its something I really need to then I guess I will do a push-pull route. Thanks for the idea on North South setup. It open my option setup.

Lol I'm trying to compensate for having a small motherboard with a really big fan lol.

I lucked out that there is no north bridge (or south bridge for that matter) on that particular mobo. It allowed the cpu socket to be moved down very far. Not one ram slot is blocked, and the motherboard on top still sticks out pass the 135mm fan.

I did make paper models from the measurements off Zalmans site to make sure it fit before I bought it lol.

If your cpu socket is mounted high i can see where you can run into problems with this particular cooler.

I cant wait until after the holidays to get my micro atx case.
              I like that idea with paper models.

Comment

Its a fact, the camera adds at least 10 lbs to everything. Right, Apache ?

Comment

Holy cow that looks like a twin turbo for a chevy...lol
                  I just got my h50 in and will be stetting it up in a push/pull. I am running a nautilus 500 currently with cpu and 2 88oogtx and am gonna split them seperate with the h50 on the cpu. I hope to push the cpu to 4.0ghz from 3.0ghz with the new setup. Good luck with your rig.
                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DragonCLR/DragonSig3.png[/img]

Comment

Dragon, I'd love to see pics of your Nautilus setup !! That was my future WC setup until Corsair got into the game. What kinda blocks are you using on the vid cards ?? Danger Dens ?

Comment

Its a fact, the camera adds at least 10 lbs to everything. Right, Apache ?
                      How did I get dragged into this?
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        How did I get dragged into this?
                        Apache
                        Hahaa !! I was just checking to see if you were awake !!

OK, now you may go back to your nap.

Comment

Here's some updated pics:

Tons of room all around, now I just have to get some red case fans.

Comment

Nice! I like the red leds but where are the ones that are lighting up the memory slots, are they on the sticks?
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yeah Duke, they are Crucial Ballistix Tracers. They have LEDs on the top and sides. I like them a lot, I used them on my last build too.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X