Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Advise

Hi Guys,

Ok I need some advise one of my friend is selling 2 brand new Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB at a very cheap price and I was wondering if anyone as had any experience with these SSD. I was think of Using them in raid o any was hear a link to the specs.

Any Advise and View are welcome

Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB 2.5 SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive (CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1) [] Internal Hard Drives Solid State Drives 30GB - 100GB

I don't have any experience with these exact drives but they're a very big seller due to their performance/price ratio.

IMO they're the best drive currently on the market. That however might change soon as the new OCZ Vertex Bigfoot looks to be just as quick but coming in cheaper. The only downside if you can call it that is that they're 3.5" not 2.5".

I'm actually thinking of picking up a Bigfoot once i'm back from my holiday. The minimum size is 90GB which is perfect for what i need. Up until now 64GB was too small for my needs and the 128GB drives were/are way too expensive for me jump on board.

Comment

Cheers juneau for the advise I will check out the OCZ Vertex Bigfoot

My other idea was instead of raid use them as single drivers one for the o.s and the other for games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
        Cheers juneau for the advise I will check out the OCZ Vertex Bigfoot

My other idea was instead of raid use them as single drivers one for the o.s and the other for games.
        You don't usually see much of a gain when SSD's are used for games. SSD's shine when small files are involved, i.e windows/boot times.

Comment

I have heard that SSDs can improve load times in games, making it easier to be the first one in the map.
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
            You don't usually see much of a gain when SSD's are used for games. SSD's shine when small files are involved, i.e windows/boot times.
            True but he is asking for ?120 for the 2 ssd still boxed and sealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
              I have heard that SSDs can improve load times in games, making it easier to be the first one in the map.
              It depends on the game really. If the game loads from small files then yes you will load quicker than a mechanical hard drive. Probably around 3-5 seconds in most cases.

However games these days usually load from a few very large files, and at the moment this is where SSD's start to lose out. Sequential read/writes are in most cases no better or worse than a top of the line 7200rpm HDD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                True but he is asking for ?120 for the 2 ssd still boxed and sealed.
                It's all up to you then. If you want to try them out do so. You will notice a big difference in windows and other small apps. Games; depends on the game.

Comment

I bought the 2 mate and I just ordered a OCZ Vertex Bigfoot and I going to use that one for Photo and gaming and ty again mate for all your advise.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X