Coolest game mod ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolest game mod ever

I just finished an operation with my 7th Cav group where we used the ACRE mod with Teamspeak 3 and ArmA 2. Before this mod, each section had to be in their own TS3 channel. Section leaders and the upper echelon had to set up whispers to each other.

Now with Acre, it integrates ArmA 2's in-game VOIP with the teamspeak. ArmA 2 has it's own VOIP with multiple channels to talk in vehicle, in group, with the commanders, everybody on your side or globally to everybody in the game. But with ACRE, we have actual radios that have channels with custom tuneable frequencies. But thats not all. Now when you talk over teamspeak, your voice is restricted in range.

That is to say, I can push the old VOIP button and talk over the radio. Anyone with a radio on the same channel which is tuned to the same frequency and who is within range can hear me. Just like using a real radio. There are several different radios in game, from handheld walkie-talkies to the radios that are built into the vehicles. Each has different capabilities and ranges.

AND.......

When I push the Teamspeak button, anyone who is within earshot (maybe 50 meters or in the same vehicle) can hear me. As I walk away from the person I am talking to, my voice will become fainter and fainter and will also appear stereophonically to move.

HOW FREAKIN COOL IS THAT!!!!!????

Our group...some people couldn't make it to the op tonight. Only 62.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxoi_Bw8T7c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Looks really cool

Comment

That is pretty tight, and your 7th Cav group looks awesome. I didn't know groups like that existed.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X